Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Teeth ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• White Teeth ?

My teeth are pretty white and clean.. i mean they are certainly not YELLOW

But i was considering getting my teeth whitened..

Here in London they are like 200 something.. But there is some special offer that last till march the 8th and the offer means that it will only cost me 99 pound.

What do you think about teeth whitening?

Annd also.. does it last for long?

REPLY BACK PLEASE

X
    In a world that is doing it's best to make you some body else be nothing but yourself - Tabz Navad

• Same here I have white teeth and wanted them whiter and tried the crest strips, they was a pain in the butt to use and did work but it did something to my teeth and i now have very sensitive teeth and it hurts when I have anything cold.

What really did work well & fast was putting a Ginger Tea bag in my bottled water and sipping on that every day, the ginger was for upset tummy and can be used to make hot tea, I don't care for hot tea but either way you like it try it because my teeth became whiter then using the crest strips. People even noticed and asked how I got my teeth so white, it was only after two days of drinking tea. I only drank the tea two times a day in my bottled water!

I know this has little to do with what you wanted done but if you want to save your money and try the ginger tea then it might help!

Let us know how it works out for you!

Comment

• Dental bleaching, also known as tooth whitening, is a common procedure in general dentistry but most especially in the field of cosmetic dentistry

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeannie716 View Post
        What really did work well & fast was putting a Ginger Tea bag in my bottled water and sipping on that every day, the ginger was for upset tummy and can be used to make hot tea, I don't care for hot tea but either way you like it try it because my teeth became whiter then using the crest strips. People even noticed and asked how I got my teeth so white, it was only after two days of drinking tea. I only drank the tea two times a day in my bottled water!
        Jeannie, could you tell us what kind/brand of ginger tea it was? I want to try the same one! And so you didn't use it hot, you just put it in your cold water?

Comment

• I am in the dental industry. Never heard of the ginger tea thing - interesting. Didn't know that ginger had bleaching qualities?

I have and do whiten my teeth. I do my best to maintain their whiteness by avoiding eating or drinking staining foods, and especially without a straw! I drink my coffee from and straw, rarely have soda (would use a straw), and rarely eat staining berries. The straw bypasses the front teeth and deposites the fluid on the back of the tongue.

I always get lots of compliments about my smile and nice white teeth! I initially bleached them back in 1998, and do an at home touch-up bleaching as needed (professional bleaching products, like those from Discus Dental = Day White, purchased from a dentist).

Comment

• If you do not want to even spend 90 pounds, try these herbal treatments for your teeth. They are good for teeth whitening and i have self tried them.

Rub walnut tree bark on your teeth. You can also grind dried bay leaves into a powder and then add dried orange peels. Add water to the mixture and use as a paste. Wood ash and water is another popular paste.

Try this and see the difference.

Comment

• Wood ash when mixed with water will not only make a mess but part of that mess will be lye. I wouldn't recommend that in your mouth.

Comment

• i'm confused about the ginger tea suggestion...

I was under the impression that anything that can stain your clothes i.e. tea and coffee, can stain your teeth. Is that wrong??
                "A loving heart is the truest wisdom"-Charles Dickens

"True love stories never have endings." - Richard Bach

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." - Ghandi

Wait for the guy who would do anything to be your everything <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Beckers View Post
                  i'm confused about the ginger tea suggestion...

I was under the impression that anything that can stain your clothes i.e. tea and coffee, can stain your teeth. Is that wrong??
                  I'm in the same boat. That seems very backwards to me too! I've always had great success with crest strips, but you do have to stay away from colas and coffees. I've always coupled it with ACT flouride whitener and it works well. I absolutely HATE whitening toothpaste, I think they're a scam. I would say to try over the counter products instead of cosmetic dentistry. You may save yourself quite a bit of money.

Comment

• For whitening of the teeth you can use the gel as Aloe Vera. I have use it and it is useful to me. In the market there is number of standard company which provide tooth paste as Aloe Vera. I use forever brand.
                    Last edited by WildChild; 07-22-2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• I tried the strips a couple of times, and is does the same thing to me. I can't eat anything cold without them hurting after! But the reason is because the strips take the enamel off your teeth that's why they're sensitive now.

Comment

• i have yehllo teeth i clean them daily but still not getting white

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X