Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you go to the dentist routinely?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• do you go to the dentist routinely?

If not, why? Aside from lowering cost, is there anything your dentist can do to make your experience a better one?

• I go about once every 3-5 years. I'd go every year and get a cleaning and check up, but it's just too expensive.

Comment

• Well you touch my heart my posting this as i recently have two sittings with my dentists. and that was continuous two days
      And the answer to this is the answer of your post:
      I do not go to my dentist regularly. I hate to go to dentist
      lol no offensive with dentists but i hate laying on that chair, open up my mouth and what ever
      but that is what i am doing now a day Root canal treatment.

Comment

• hello...

we should visit our dentist once a year to clean our teeth and check if there's any problem with it...we need to take good care of our teeth for us to have a beautiful and perfect smile...
        Last edited by sourpuss; 04-03-2010, 01:13 PM. Reason: WH does not allow outbound links

Comment

• I think going to the dentist is very important. It may not be the most fun activity, but it's necessary. I used to put it off too, but after one visit which required a lot of work (which probably could have been prevented with a regular checkup) I made myself go at least once a year. Now I have my family go for regular checkups and hopefully they will be able to avoid a similar situation that I had.

Comment

• I agree, going to the dentist is very important. I recently moved and needed to find a new dentist in the area. My friends made the suggestion of trying angies list to search for a reputable dentist. With all the reviews and rating from actual customers, I figured this might be a good place to start my dentist search.
            Last edited by KMonte85; 10-05-2011, 09:58 AM. Reason: removed outbound link

Comment

• I am at the dentist/periodontist at least 4 times to 6 times a year. I have three regular cleanings and one periodontal cleaning each year. I've had root canals, crowns, caps, bridges, bone grafts, tissue grafts and 4 implants. I am fortunate that I have great care and can afford all this work, but unfortunate in that I have to have it done.

The thing is, poor dental hygiene can and does lead to other health issues including heart disease. It may not be apparent at first, but will catch up with you in the end unless you are one of those fortunate individuals that have great teeth, gums and bone.
              That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• im a smoker and i have not been to the dentist in such a long time! i know its bad but i just keep pushing it off! any ideas for special treatments for smokers?

Comment

• I don't understand why you are asking about special ideas for smokers? I used to smoke, I actually used to be a dental assistant and smoke! I always hated the nicotine stains on my teeth, I used to clean my own teeth in between visits. I can understand not wanting to visit the gyn, but the dentist, the dentist is a piece of cake to visit. Brush, floss, repeat.

Comment

• As a smoker, you should be doubly concerned about not being to the dentist for a couple of reasons that I'm aware of, and probably some I'm not aware of. When you smoke, the excess heat in your mouth, the chemicals and nicotine do a job on your gums. They will recede faster and you will probably get peridontal disease much quicker or sooner than a non-smoker. Secondly, when you have your teeth cleaned and checked, the hygenist and the dentist will be looking at the roof of your mouth, your tongue and the inside of your lips and cheeks and they will be checking for ulcers and cancers. Many oral cancers are found in this manner.
                    Here in Canada a dental cleaning may cost between $100 and $150.00 - well worth the investment in your health.
                    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• I go every 6 months (give or take a month or two). I think it is VERY important to go to the Dentist, as bad teeth can lead to many health risks (including heart problems). Good to keep your teeth healthy.

Comment

• I go every 2 years. I don't like dentist, it's my phobia from childhood.

Comment

• My parents insurance lets me get 4 cleanings a year, so about every 3 months. I don't like going to the dentist but it is important and should be thankful that I get routine cleanings that will benefit me in the long run.

Comment

• do you go to the dentist routinely?

the only reason i do that is because the last thing i wanna hear is that i need oral gum surgery
                            and if i only had done a dentist visit i could of have avoided the whole fiasco

Comment

• Every 6 month for cleanings. 18 years of no care has left me needing a stern dental hygiene routine with my dentist involved.
                              I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and apologetic mouse, but to roar like a lion out of pride in my profession.
                              John Steinbeck

I'm a Leo, RAWR! Sun/moon/asc/venus- 1st house.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
                              • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
                              • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
                              • Hello All

Hi everyone,
                                I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
                              • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
                              Working...
                              X