Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stomach acid?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• stomach acid?

Well i throw up (not more than once a week. its usually only if i get REALLY full so please don't lecture me on that)

i've only done it about like 5 times?
    how long does it take for stomach acid to ruin your teeth?

• Actually, stomach acid could ruin your teeth longer that it would to your throat. I am more concerned as to why you are vomiting. Do you have acid reflux or something else?

Comment

• i just HATE the feeling of being full so i get rid of it

Comment

• its called bulimia
        and its ruined my life.

the last time i had to get my teeth fixed it cost £700.
        the time before that £500.

honestly? it doesnt take that long.
        remember the trick of putting a tooth in soda? and the next day its pretty much dissolved?
        yeah. thats what you're doing to your teeth.
        and if you brush them straight after
        you're just rubbing the acid in.

x
        'so why care for these petty obsessions? your designer heart still beats with common blood. and what if you could have genetic perfection? would you change who you are if you could?'

Comment

• Don't eat til you're uncomfortably full and you won't have this problem!

eleni is right. It really doesn't take long at all.

Comment

• Stop while you can. You can't replace enamel. I've learned the hard way. It's terrible. Acids weaken teeth, it may not show its ugly face now, but trust me, I did that when I was in my early 20's, and now I'm paying the piper. I'm 32. I hope to god that I live to be 100, but I know that my teeth won't.

Eleni is so spot on, it doesn't even matter if you "try" to brush it away.... Stop now.

Eat better, walk/run/exercise more - it's really not worth it. ROOT CANALS are big stinkers.

Comment

• oh dear god O_O

ok im stoppin! lol.
              i hope i didnt do it so much my dentist can tell D:
              i dnt think i did, but who am i to say?
              i havent done it in a long time :]]]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X