Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

messed up bite,in pain

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• messed up bite,in pain

Recently I woke up from a bad dream to find my jaw almost locked shut. I have always had an issued with grinding my teeth at night bu never wore a night gaurd. So after the bad dream I notice that when I would bite down my bottom teeth were hitting the back of my one front tooth and causeing it to hurt. I went to a dentist and he said there was nothing he could do but tell me to wear a night gaurd so I went to my regular dentist. He put that blue paper in my mouth and told me to bite down. He proceeded to grid the back of my front tooth down along with some other teeth on the left hand side. It felt a little better at first but by the end of the night I now had noticed that a tooth on my left side was higher than the rest. So I went back again yesterday and he ground that tooth and my front tooth down some more and told me that he couldn't keep grinding my teeth down. I guess I should have listened to him in the first place because now my bite is completely different and my jaw and mouth is so sore. The roofe of my mouth is swelled up and when I chew my food it is totally different. I have a head ache and I'm sick in the stomache. I could just kick myself. I was told by the first dentist to just get a night gaurd. But I thought if I went to my other dentist and he ground my teeth down it would re-align them but it didn't work that way.
    I'm so upset and having really terrible anxiety issues.
    Well the anxity started before and that is what I think cause my teeth to shift in the first place.

I'm still worrying about things with my boyfriend, amongst other problems.
    It's actually causeing me to feel suicidal but I can't go to the conselor because she left the practice. I'm supposed to have a new one but I'm not sure if I still have my medical coverage after today.

Just needing to vent because I'm really scared of what has happened to my teeth.

• Awww... I'm sorry to hear you've had so many challenges thrown at you lately!

I'm sure you will become accustomed to the way your bite is now. Everytime my dentist does anything to me, I always feel like my bite is different, but within a month or so, I don't even realize it anymore... The same will come to you.. he ground your teeth, it feels different most definitely, but your teeth are still healthy and you will soon be used to the new way they feel when you bite.. give it some time, but buy a mouth guard too - just to be safe since you're still probably going to be grinding your teeth. And the headaches/neausea might be from your anxiety and stress moreso than the dental work.

Worry about the boyfriend problems... if you're so upset that you're having suicidal thoughts, he should be the last thing in your mind. You need to worry about taking care of YOU! Please look into finding another counselor to speak with.. even if you aren't covered, there may be a school or a womens support group in your area that can give you counselling for cheap or free. But you need to find someone to help you right now, to guide you through all your stress and help you to work through this. You should have to feel this way! You're a great person, and we need more people with your character in this world... I hope you can see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by KMonte85 View Post
      Awww... I'm sorry to hear you've had so many challenges thrown at you lately!

I'm sure you will become accustomed to the way your bite is now. Everytime my dentist does anything to me, I always feel like my bite is different, but within a month or so, I don't even realize it anymore... The same will come to you.. he ground your teeth, it feels different most definitely, but your teeth are still healthy and you will soon be used to the new way they feel when you bite.. give it some time, but buy a mouth guard too - just to be safe since you're still probably going to be grinding your teeth. And the headaches/neausea might be from your anxiety and stress moreso than the dental work.

Worry about the boyfriend problems... if you're so upset that you're having suicidal thoughts, he should be the last thing in your mind. You need to worry about taking care of YOU! Please look into finding another counselor to speak with.. even if you aren't covered, there may be a school or a womens support group in your area that can give you counselling for cheap or free. But you need to find someone to help you right now, to guide you through all your stress and help you to work through this. You should have to feel this way! You're a great person, and we need more people with your character in this world... I hope you can see that.
      Thanks so much KMonte85,

I think the other thing that is bothering me really bad too is that I have to face another holiday without my mom,dad, sister and brother in law. All I want to do is cry because I miss them so much.
      I hope you're right about my bite feeling normal in about a month.
      I feel like I made a mistake by getting my teeth ground to try to fix my bite. Maybe I should have left it alone and just bought the gaurd to see if I could get it to go back to normal. I just thought the dentist would grind my teeth and eveything would be back to normal.

I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment with my new counselor. I hope this passes and that some day I can be at peace. I just feel so tormented all the time. I'm always at conflict with myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdraven View Post
        I just feel so tormented all the time. I'm always at conflict with myself.
        And it doesn't have to be that way! I think if you find the right person to help guide you through your feelings, to help you get through you challenges, you will find that your life will be much brighter and more vibrant.

Its natural to miss family, especially during the holidays when you see family-time thrown at your face at every turn, all the family movies, the commercials of family dinners, the advertisements... its constant. I've got some family problems of my own, where I have a rather large family, but holidays and family gatherings amount to about 4 people at the very most. It is sad... But perhaps if you spend that time you would have being miserable during the holidays doing something you love, you will eventually find yourself happy for the holidays, the me-time, the excuse to do something you love just because you love it!

I wish you the best, M - you deserve it!

Comment

• Well it's off to the dentist again tomorrow.
          Now my jaws feel like they are on fire and I have to keep taking Tylanol so that I can chew my food.
          On top of this I must be the only person in the world that wants to spend everyday with my bf and is is starting to get annoyed with me. He says he need time to get things done and we've been over this a million times.
          My holiday was ok but it felt rushed due to circumstances beyond my control.

I really hope the dentist can figure out what has gone wrong with my jaw.
          Trying to eat Easter dinner was difficult.
          Chewing a piece of bread feels as if I'm chewing on a tree branch.
          Even my checks feel like they are on fire and hot to the touch.

I just wish I had someone in my life that wanted to be with me all the time and not just when they want.
          I do not think that person exsists.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X