Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

root canal treatment

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• root canal treatment

hey friends!
    i need to know any after care for the root canal treatment. what should be done and what should be avoided??

• I would say the dentist would have already gone over all of it, but my best guess is if he gives you antibiotics...take them. Be careful with what you eat, things like berries with those little seeds can get lodged in the soft gums after treatment and lead to infection, things like carrots could cause a lot of pain because the tooth will be structurally weak. Take the pain meds he recommends if you need them, likely just going to be naproxen or ibuprofen. I do not know if you are going to be getting a crown, dentists may actually require one unless you are having the tooth completely extracted instead.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Been there done that! Honestly.... it's a two day process.... day one they hollow out the tooth and remove the root (FYI don't lie about the novicaine, if that's still what they're giving these days! - ouch) - so you'll have a hole in the tooth stuffed with cotton, and then the next time you go back, fake root and plugging up the hole happens...

God I'm ancient, or just really unfortunate! Mine was like 25 years ago.... I'm 32. I'm sure that denistry has changed.... but I ate custard and ice cream.... anything sift for "round one" - also a diet of pain killers (mostly Tylanol) --- good luck!!!

Comment

• my math was bad... I was 7... so it was 1984 when I had mine. Again... I think that things have changed... I hope so! On the "plus side" I still have the same crown that was placed on my tooth then.... and it's a front, although it's sad to bite into anything!

Comment

• thanks guys!
          i am going to visit soon... wish me luck :S

Comment

• Good luck!!!

Comment

• I've had several root canals. I honestly don't see what many people complain about since I've never had a problem. If the root canal is in a front tooth or in one that a bridge will be placed on and is not strong, a post (a strong miniature metal bar) will probably embedded in the tooth. A good dentist will probably be able to numb the area so you don't have pain. Pain killers are carbocaine, articaine, zorcaine, marcaine, polocaine, xylocaine or lidocaine among others these days. Good luck.
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• root canal almost took my life!

In 2002 I had a root canal and all seemed well. In 2003 I had another root canal. All seemed well and I continued on with my life as normal. In looking back at pictures I can see how my health both mental and physical started to go downhill. By the summer of 2005 I was having serious problems. Vision was fluctuating with major floaters. Vertigo soon set in and the anxiety started as well as anger. In may of 2005 I developed a very bad lung infection and went to the doctor. They prescribed prednisone which put a damper on my immune system. I never recovered. After reading posts I thought my health had ultimately failed due to the drugs. As year after year passed I struggled just to get up in the morning and holding a job was very hard. Now in 2002 I was the picture of health. Successful, energetic, athletic, happy go lucky individual that you rarely see who seems to have it all. My days were truly happy and little did I know I was a timebomb ticking. From 2005 to 2009 my life became a pure of dark vision, double vision, severe anxiety, chronic fatigue, brain fog, arthritis, deep dark depression, and ultimately I found myself unable to cope with the idea of going on with my life. What had happened? Sometimes I would lay awake at night and wonder where it all had went wrong. I thought it was candida, aspartame, stress, a nervous breakdown, etc. etc. And I spent my hours and days researching what had happened. Treating some of these issues seemed to help but I always fell back down into a spiraling . In 2009 I read some information on root canals from a dentist Westin Price where he had done extensive research into degenerative diseases and root canals. What he found was that root canals almost always cause severe disruptions in health. He found that if a person had a severe illness that removing the root canal would not only cure the illness but subsequently he would implant the extracted root canal under the skin of a healthy rabbit it would dvelop the exact illness that the person had had and die very soon afterwards. He then would remove the tooth and implant into another rabbit which would soon die of the same disease. Rabbit after rabbit died. If a person had diabetes the rabbit soon had it. If it was eye disorders as the person recovered the rabbit would soon develop severe eye disorders. Dr. Price was validating the focal infection theory. Needless to say after thoroughly reading Dr Prices research I started to track back to what had happened just before I became sick and lo and behold I had two root canals just before my life became a living . I soon found a biological dentist who removed these two gangrenous teeth from my mouth and everyday since the old me is starting to return. In addition to the root canal being a terrible source of infection the top teeth are only inches from your brain. This can cause all sorts of issues both physical and mental as in my case. The most amazing thing of all though is that my whole mouth had somehow went into a kind of dull sensory mode. When the infected root canals were removed I could once again feel my mouth teeth and gums. As the senses returned I started to realize that I had been in severe pain just not realizing it. The upper root canal that was removed had seeped deadly bacteria into my sinus cavities and then into my brain. How I ever survived this is beyond me. Maybe I am supposed to warn others. I would highly recommend getting all root canals removed because they are deadly. I am a walking testimony. The insidious part is that many people function well just as I did until some major life event happens which hampers their immune system. With the constant stream of deadly bacteria into your system you may die and never know what actually killed you. Root canals are the only example of leaving dead tissue in the body. If your foot dies it is removed. If another body part dies it is removed because doctors know instictively that the infection will spread. But not so with the dead tooth. Instead it is allowed to simmer in the mouth adjacent to the brain and wreak havoc for years. The studies are there as a warning. By the way just as the FDA keeps pushing deadly chemicals on the american public such as aspartame they are also all for the root canal. The problem with homo sapiens is that we dont perk up until we are deathly ill. Then at the point of death we start to look around and what we see is quite frightening. Without the research of Dr Price and later DR Meining I would still be at deaths door. Remember the saying life is stranger than fiction. People it is time to step outside the comfort of preconcieved beliefs about the world around us and start to question everything. The people you trust such as your doctors and dentists need to be looked at with intense scrutiny. The only major decreases in mortality of major metropolitan areas were during doctor strikes. Is this a coincidence. I say there are no coincidences. Another flaw in human beings is we usually think all people are pretty much the same. We try to provide for our families and go to work everyday and try to be good citizens. That is a strength the weakness is our belief that others are just like us and see the world like we do. I hate to shake your confidence but that is just not true. I for one may meet my maker but it will not be due to naivety. If someone would have told me a root canal could ultimately kill I would have thought them a nut. When your healthy you dont question anything. I now know better. I hope this post saves someones life just as Dr price saved mine. Also, one more thing don't bother talking to a traditional dentist about this. They are either 1) blinded by their education,2) greedy and don't care about their patients, or 3) knowingly do something which they know is very harmful to their patients over the long term. # 3 is the one that really sends shivers up my spine but I cannot help with all of the evidence out there not include it as a possibility.

Sincerely, from my heart with no ulterior motive. ONLY THE TRUTH!

Comment

• reply to cricket3804:

Alternative medicine posts without anything to back it up are my favorite. I am purely a student who promotes medicine/drug approaches but I do not discredit alternative methods if there is scientific evidence to back it up. I will keep this short though.

Red flag #1: Your entire post was based on a blog, and yes I did look it up because like I said alternative medicine posts are my favorite. This blog does not promote actual research in the form of reliable published articles, it is based on some guy reading another guy's book and believing all the words in it. For anyone who knows about alternative medicine practices the promotion of a book without sound published evidence is a red flag about false information.

Red flag #2:
                  In addition to the root canal being a terrible source of infection the top teeth are only inches from your brain. This can cause all sorts of issues both physical and mental as in my case.
                  Sorry but saying that because your teeth are close to your brain (because they are all part of the head) that an infection will spread to the brain to cause possible mental or physical problems is completely wrong. A dentist will know about infections and they will tell their patients about it, in addition they also mention that infection may NOT happen if they take care of their open wounds. It does not take a professional to know that and therefore stands as a red flag about the facts regarding this material.

Red flag #3:

I hope this post saves someones life just as Dr price saved mine. Also, one more thing don't bother talking to a traditional dentist about this. They are either 1) blinded by their education,2) greedy and don't care about their patients, or 3) knowingly do something which they know is very harmful to their patients over the long term. # 3 is the one that really sends shivers up my spine but I cannot help with all of the evidence out there not include it as a possibility.
                  This is the biggest one, "do not talk to your dentist about this"...and yet "People it is time to step outside the comfort of preconcieved beliefs about the world around us and start to question everything. The people you trust such as your doctors and dentists need to be looked at with intense scrutiny. ". You are asking people to not ask their dentists about infections but to take the word of some guy you read about on the internet. Anyone who takes that type of approach could easily succumb to health problems.

Mod note: this is not to bash the poster, this is entirely to help people be aware of anything that others may post. Telling someone to avoid asking their dentist questions because someone else says that 'traditional dentists' could be lying is a dangerous thing to say and someone could actually be seriously harmed in the process.
                  There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Old thread. OP banned.

Closed.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                    • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    Working...
                    X