Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont wanna braces :(

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Dont wanna braces :(

Hello! My teeth are "perfect" in my eyes except for that my Right front tooth is overlapping the other.It is barely overlapping but i wanna fix it so my teeth will be good.However,i cant really get braces.Does anyone have any ideas on how i could get my front tooth to be aligned with the rest without getting braces?

Thanks

• Your best bet is to talk to your dentist about your options. I know they have teeth straightening systems out on the market now that are NOT braces.. I think one is called Invisiline or something like that, basically a removable mouth guard molded to fit your teeth and gradually shifts the imperfections until your teeth are lined up.

Talk to your DDS and see what's out there for you!

Comment

• Yeah Invisiline(lign?) might be perfect for you. No one would notice them, you'd only need them on the top teeth, and you'd only use them for a relatively short while. They are expensive, though, as the only thing to consider.

One of my friends had a similar problem to the one you described, and all she had to do was get a little rubber band thing from the dentist and fit it in between the two front teeth and wear it like that for a couple of months or so. Can't remember if it was for just at night or what.

Definitely go consult with a dentist. And put your foot down and tell them you don't want braces. Sometimes doctors can be annoyingly insistent.

Comment

• Veneers may work for you. Not cheap but it's what the movie stars do and they all have perfect teeth.
        sigpic☮“I am convinced that the women of the world, united without any regard for national or racial dimensions, can become a most powerful force for international peace and brotherhood.”☮

Comment

• why cant you get braces?
          if you dont like the look of them then invisalign is probably the right way to go

veneers are a bit pointless if its only one tooth overlapping a slight bit.

x
          'so why care for these petty obsessions? your designer heart still beats with common blood. and what if you could have genetic perfection? would you change who you are if you could?'

Comment

• Why no braces?

how old are you?
            Does ur insurance cover it or not?
            TRY INVISILIGN?
            I got braces two years ago and had to have more work done on my mouth than you need but i have them off now and wear invisilign like retainers .

YAHOOOOOO!!! NOW I CAN EAT APPLES AND TAFFY!
            :cool: bye.

Comment

• First, consult with your dentist. My brother also had a similar problem to the one you described, and all he had to do was get a little rubber band thing from the dentist and fit it in between the two front teeth and wear it like that for more than 4 months or so.

Comment

• Ok, Op added spam and therefore this thread should have been closed

Thread closed.

CW
                PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X