Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veneers

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Veneers

Has anyone one on here had veneers put in to improve their smile? I am very unhappy with a few of my teeth. Everyone else says they cant see a problem but i really can. I was considering getting those teeth i dont like replaced with veneers and wondered if anyone else has done this or used another method?

I heard veneers fall out after about 10 years and I would be SO embarrassed if i was talking to someone and my teeth just fell out I would be extremely redfaced!! Is this true? Are there any more permanent ways for me to get the smile i want? Money isnt really an issue as long as its not extreme i.e over £1000.

Thanks in advance!

• I am a Dental Asst. in the US. We do veeners all the time. If you have routine dental care and take care of the veeners (flossing!!) you should have them many years. Yes at sometime they will need to be replaced usually you can plan in advance; there are times that they do come off if done correctly and you are a little careful that is a small amount. I would not stay a wake worring about it. Another ups side of veeners would be that they take off very little tooth leaving you with most of your natural tooth. The senestivity is little to NONE and later in life IF you need crowns they still have lots to work with. My daughter has veeners do to gymanstic accident and I would do it my self too! Good luck!!! You need to make the right decision for you. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mishba View Post
      I am a Dental Asst. in the US. We do veeners all the time. If you have routine dental care and take care of the veeners (flossing!!) you should have them many years. Yes at sometime they will need to be replaced usually you can plan in advance; there are times that they do come off if done correctly and you are a little careful that is a small amount. I would not stay a wake worring about it. Another ups side of veeners would be that they take off very little tooth leaving you with most of your natural tooth. The senestivity is little to NONE and later in life IF you need crowns they still have lots to work with. My daughter has veeners do to gymanstic accident and I would do it my self too! Good luck!!! You need to make the right decision for you. :-)
      How much for a veneer? I find it's very expensive for a single tooth. Can they make a package or smth?
      Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

Comment

• Veneers run about $1000 per tooth in the U.S.

It's a permanent decision, the modification of your tooth or teeth for the veneers to fit, and once you make it there is no going back.

As was stated previously, this IS NOT a permanent solution....just a very long (years) temporary one.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X