Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this, and should I go to dentist right away?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What is this, and should I go to dentist right away?

I've never had a cavity before (thanks to luck/genes methinks, not particularly awesome dental hygiene), so I'm wondering what one feels like, and how can you tell when you have one (if you can tell on your own at all)??

I have a slight pain in one of my teeth that I feel every once in a while, but I get no pain at all from tapping on it. Started maybe a week ago.

I'm just wondering if I should bother getting it checked out now or wait and see if there are any changes. Going to the dentist is no problem for me at the moment, just an inconvenience.

• I would say go because the doc will say whether or not something is there. The last thing you want is a slow building infection, had one of those that turned into an abscess and later had to have it extracted. No fun. No matter what a check up is always a good thing.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Ack an infection? Fdsghskdjghsdf.

Comment

• Ack an infection? Fdsghskdjghsdf.
        lol's she said prevent that

Sounds like a decay mam.. Get it fixed or the pain will worsen.

PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X