Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dentures

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Dentures

Hello Everyone!
    This is my first post here on this web site. I was hoping to hear from some of you who may have had dentures yourself, and/or someone close to you that has..... My husband is in serious need of dentures, top & bottom. He's been procrastinating because he is worried about having no teeth for a while. His mom went to california to get hers & she said they put them right in when they pulled her teeth.
    So my question is how long before you(or whoever) had your dentures?

Thanks for your time!!

• What is soooooo wrong with his teeth that he is considering full dentures, both upper and lower?

There are so many options today, that I'd recommend that you look into ALL of the options BEFORE he takes such a drastic step.

Comment

• I agree with Seeker about options because once they are all gone ,there is no going back.

All Dentists will tell you if you have a few good teeth keep them, the denture works better if it can hold onto some teeth...

In addition, if he doesn't have peridontitist, (massive bone loss) dentures are the last resort, people with peridontitist have no choice unless they have $3000 per tooth replacement.

I appreciate cost, but if they are black, then at a small fee, one by one, they can be covered over..If they are broken, they can be extended and fixed...

He will have problems eating with dentures, tasting foods, get depressed.

If he was to have all of them taken out, yes he immediately gets dentures however, he will not be able to eat, other than soups and the likes, liquid as the gums need to heel, he will be in alot of pain as well...

It will take time for the gums to heel, he may be off work a while in addition...

CW
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X