Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is pain Killer good for toothache?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Is pain Killer good for toothache?

I just want to know because lately i feel toothache but I don't have too much time to visit my doctor so I want to know if pain killer is good for toothache? Because every time I take pain I fell bad and I can feel that my heart is beating very slow that I am losing some air..
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

― Mae West

• Pain killers would only be good for a toothache on a temporary basis. Toothache means there is decay or some other issue wrong with the tooth or gums. These should be fixed by a dentist and it would be the only way to get rid of the pain. Also, if you don't get things fixed by a dentist, they can progress into more and worse problems. Bad teeth impact your health, and yes, can be very hard on your heart.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Thank you very much! I already consulted a dentist and I'm fine now..
      “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

― Mae West

Comment

• mackwhite - not all pain killers require a prescription. Tylenol, Ibubrophen, and Advil are a few examples of over the counter pain relievers that can be used regularly, following the instructions of course, without harm.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesmarshalls View Post
          Thank you very much! I already consulted a dentist and I'm fine now..
          I am glad you're fine. Pain killers are temporary solution for toothaches but we must take it with precaution because there are some pain killers that have side effects. I would prefer I have a tummy ache than toothache, toothache is a pain where I cannot almost stand, it feels like all my body are in pain.
          Better safe than sorry

Comment

• Yes, I know that the toothache is the worst pain. But Pain killer just instant action. Better to visit dentist. Know we do not get that much time to visit. But for our Health we must visit doctors on time, We ca no ignore our health. Because Health is the most valuable gift. So take care of it. My suggestion will be to consult with dentist.

Take care

Comment

• I know that feeling of having a toothache i have had many in the past times the best thing i can recommend for you whist you are in pain

get a heat pack and place it on the area of the ache
              try vick rub the you would use for colds and flus( rub that on the area of the ache
              avoid laying on the area

Please try if you have not already gone to the dentist to go as soon as you can because your tooth may become infected and rotten

Hope you feel some relief soon
              you can also take some pain killer has well but please be careful in taking medication in such nature when you are experiencing those issues please see your local doctor ( as i'am not a doctor and a nurse within the medical nature just a person who has experience a toothache

Take care
              Last edited by Mackaygirl22; 10-09-2012, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• pain killer can ease the pain of toothache, but most of the time, the pain will not go away, it will come back in no time. visiting a dentist is still the best way. I know the pain very well, because of it, I cannot concentrate in my studies when I was still student, even sleeping, is hard for me.
                being healthy is our responsibility

Comment

• do noy play around with painkillers if yoiu dont know what youre doing....
                  be normal and consult your dentist..

Comment

• Get into the dentist right away. You can take pain killers to ease the pain but should not be on them for an extended period of time.

Comment

• I don't think pain killer is good for your toothache. it just react on pain temporary.I advice you to see a doctor as soon as possiple. Toothache is a huge pain. i had the same experience with you. Take care of your tooth and your tooth will take care of you. Do clean and brush your tooth more careful and regularly.

Comment

• I don't think so. Painkillers are not good for our health. It have many of side-effects. So don't use it very large time.

Comment

• Toothache is worst pain
                          i had the same experience with you.Do clean and brush your tooth more careful and regularly.
                          only pain killers are not the solution for toothache.this site will help you more regarding this issue ,i also got solutions from this site..
                          Common Dental Health Problems and their Solutions | HealthCosmic | A Platform for Dental General Health and Beauty Consumers & Brands

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesmarshalls View Post
                            I just want to know because lately i feel toothache but I don't have too much time to visit my doctor so I want to know if pain killer is good for toothache? Because every time I take pain I fell bad and I can feel that my heart is beating very slow that I am losing some air..
                            Remember, taking too much pain killers can affect your liver and pain killers can't give you permanent relief .Only dentist can help you permanently

Comment

• Pain killers will only relieve the pain but they won't actually remove the cause of the pain.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                              • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              Working...
                              X