Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scared stiff

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Scared stiff

I have a hole in my tooth, it is the back tooth. If you imagine a wall with a 'tom and jerry' mouse hole you will know what it looks like. It happened 2 days ago. Fortunately it is not causing any pain at the moment.

I know I have to go to the dentist but I'm petrified. I had a similar problem a few years ago. I left it for 2 1/2 years because I was too scared to go and had to have the tooth out in the end. The dentist said I was lucky I went when I did as the roots had rotted and it would have been serious if I had left it any longer.

I don't feel too bad about going as I do not want history to repeat itself. However when I actually picture being there and her poking around in my mouth I have small panic attacks.

I'm not scared of the pain, It's the feeling of being vulnerable and claustrophobic while someone has their hands in my mouth. If I think about it too much the panic attacks get worse and I just end up crying.

What can I do as I need to go before it starts getting worse and hurting, I just can't bring myself to go.

• Originally posted by Foxy11 View Post
    I have a hole in my tooth, it is the back tooth. If you imagine a wall with a 'tom and jerry' mouse hole you will know what it looks like. It happened 2 days ago. Fortunately it is not causing any pain at the moment.

I know I have to go to the dentist but I'm petrified. I had a similar problem a few years ago. I left it for 2 1/2 years because I was too scared to go and had to have the tooth out in the end. The dentist said I was lucky I went when I did as the roots had rotted and it would have been serious if I had left it any longer.

I don't feel too bad about going as I do not want history to repeat itself. However when I actually picture being there and her poking around in my mouth I have small panic attacks.

I'm not scared of the pain, It's the feeling of being vulnerable and claustrophobic while someone has their hands in my mouth. If I think about it too much the panic attacks get worse and I just end up crying.

What can I do as I need to go before it starts getting worse and hurting, I just can't bring myself to go.
    Go to ur dentist, With ur family.. discuss ur dentist issue with ur family they can help u
    Going to the dentist is fun. Have ur family in the dentist room with u... did u have a bad experence when u were younger?? Where does this fear come from??? Hi and may u cure ur
    Fear quickly.. .

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
    • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    Working...
    X