Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dental problem

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• There are many dental problems that you can avoid. Many of them can be avoided by following simple oral hygiene and good dental habits. I recently got to read in a blog about the 4 common dental problems which you can avoid. Just take a look at it and hope it might be helpful for those in need.
    Last edited by jns; 08-18-2017, 07:43 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

• Seek a good local dentist and have your teeth and gums examined as soon as possible. we would be happy to help.
      Last edited by atskitty2; 07-27-2017, 08:07 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Comment

• I also have some dental problems.
        But it's always cost so much!

Comment

• I also have some dental problems.
          But it's always cost so much!

Comment

• Hi there I'm a dental assistant and we see this all the time! Honestly, a lot of people don't realize that taking care of your gums is just as important (or more important) than taking care of your teeth. It sounds like a periodontal problem, you may have gum disease. If your gums bleed out of nowhere, that means they are not happy, and there is a bigger issue going on. When your gums are inflamed, bacteria sits in the gum tissue between your teeth and it rots - this is why it is so so SO important to be flossing regularly. There are spaces in between your teeth where food gets trap, and it's below the level of your gums, where your bone sits. When your gums get inflamed, the bacteria eats away at the bone, which is what holds your teeth in your jaw. If that bacteria sits too long on your bone, the bone will start to recede and eventually your teeth will become loose. It's so important to go in for regular maintenance! First step is to start flossing and try a salt water rinse to calm down the irritation, but definitely go see your dentist and hygienist to get a good cleaning done

Comment

• A good post, caroline. [Not to be patronizing.]

Comment

• I was in the same boat. Now I try to attend my dentist at least semi-annual for check-up and clean. Additionally I ordered special dental equipment at for home use. My dentist advised me this service, there are large variety of professional medical equipment at affordable prices. I think regular dental care is the easiest way to avoid dental problems.
                Last edited by jns; 02-28-2019, 05:30 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

• Agreed, WilliG.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• U2 Feedback

I love U2: I checked out their website. I think some of the members were rude about U2: which was totally unfair. U2 produce great music and those insults...

09-09-2019, 09:57 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Diagnosis on Netflix

There are only 7 episodes, but I found this to be such an informative, interesting and eye-opening show. I was truly captivated by it and wanted to recommend...

09-05-2019, 07:43 AM By Ashlee T.
                  • Is it weird that I'm addicted to giving BJs?

I know this is probably going to sound like a windup but it's a genuine question. And a warning to fellas: any comment along the lines of "come give...

09-04-2019, 06:05 PM By GillBlack
                  • High Fat, High Carbohydrate, High Protein – Which Works Best?

When I was struggling to continue my progress last year, a couple of good friends started suggesting that I figure out my “macros” and “reduce carbs.”...

09-04-2019, 12:24 AM By Stillness
                  • Hurricane Dorian devastation

I watched some videos from hurricane Dorian last night. I hope our members or readers in the Carribean are safe.

And I suppose our members...

09-03-2019, 07:42 AM By atskitty2
                  Working...
                  X