• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow teeth due to smoking.?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow teeth due to smoking.?

Hello Everyone, I just want to share the experiences I had when I was a chain smoker. I started smoking from my early 20's. From my childhood itself, I lost my parents. I was always alone and had no one to guide me. So my lifestyle changed a lot and I became an addict to alcohol and tobacco. Now I am 40 and a mother of two. But I continue my habits. My husband always fights with me because of this. I tried a lot to stop smoking, but my work pressure and my feelings about my parents always attract me to tobacco. Because of this high tobacco consumption, my teeth have got yellowish. One day, my younger son refused to come outside with me. When I asked him about the reason, he told me that he is ashamed to come outside with me because of my yellow teeth and bad breath. What he told is right. That day itself, I went to consult the dental professionals in High Park () . The dentist diagnosed me with periodontal disease. My gums were infected. The dentist told me to avoid tobacco which was the best way to avoid my problem. Treatments are going on and good improvements are shown. This is to inspire everyone who is thinking to quit smoking...
    yes/no
    0%
    stop smoking/No need to stop smoking
    0%
    Last edited by jns; 05-25-2018, 01:30 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Brushing your teeth with baking soda can help remove surface stains.

Comment

I agree, lexjean. Smoking can stain teeth horribly. Those old days of the film star smoking and looking "cool" are gone. We now know cigarettes stain and blacken the teeth. They restrict breathing. They make clothes and the breath smell bad and yellow the fingers.

No one can turn backs the hands of time, but I would advise anyone give up smoking: even if they've been smoking for years. It is never too late to quit the evil weed.

That is my anti-smoking message.

Comment

Hey. I liked your topic. I want to tell you a little about my experience. It seems to me that changes in the color of your teeth can be minor and occur gradually. Some yellow color may be unavoidable.

Teeth may look more yellow, especially with age. When the external enamel is erased, the yellowish dentin becomes more noticeable. Dentin - calcified tissue under the enamel.

If you want to whiten your teeth, you have some alternatives to traditional methods.
        My mom told me that it's best to select several procedures and turn them around throughout the week. Experiment to find a solution that works for you.
        Your first plan of action should be to brush your teeth more often and more correctly. It is especially important that you clean after eating foods and drinks that can lead to yellow teeth.
        Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two to three minutes at a time. Make sure that you are in all cracks and cracks. Brush your teeth in a circular motion to protect the gums. Brush inside, outside and chewing surfaces of your teeth.
        It is said that the use of pasta from baking soda and hydrogen peroxide eliminates the formation of plaque and bacteria in order to get rid of stains.
        Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to make the paste. After cleaning this paste, rinse the mouth thoroughly with water. You can also use the same ratio of ingredients to rinse your mouth.
        Some people argue that rubbing lemon, orange or banana peel on the teeth will make them whiter. It is believed that the combination of d-limonene, which is contained in some fruit peels, will help get rid of your teeth.
        Gently rub the rind of fruit on your teeth for about two minutes. Be sure to thoroughly wash your mouth and brush your teeth.
        People who cleaned a toothpaste containing d-limonene combined with a whitening formula twice a day for four weeks significantly reduced smoking spots, although long stains for smoking or stains from tea were not removed.
        I think that some method will interest you.

Comment

I second Loric2014's post.

Comment

Working...
          X