• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sudden accident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden accident

Hello all!!

Yesterday my sister had an unexpected accident. She was coming from a mall after the late night shopping. Suddenly a robber came and robbed her purse she ran behind him and suddenly she fell down. Her face hit the floor. One of her canines was chipped off. She was taken to the nearby clinic for getting the emergency dental care. As the tooth was chipped off the dentist extracted it. Now the gap between the teeth is affecting her smile. My sister has lost her cute smile. She is little disappointed with her looks. I thought of finding a solution. I have read about the dental dentures which help to replace the missing teeth. I don't know much about the procedure to know more in detail I fixed an appointment in a nearby clinic. The appointment is scheduled for the coming week. Before that can you share the pros and cons of dental dentures? It would be a great help for her. Thank you.
    Last edited by jns; 05-27-2018, 01:53 PM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

The usual procedure for a missing tooth is a dental bridge. The teeth on both sides of the gap are capped and a replacement tooth is built in the bridge between them. If one of the anchor teeth is not strong enough, it will have to have a root canal done and a post inserted to strengthen it. I have had such a bridge for over twenty years with no problems. The new procedure is a dental implant. At one time implants were rejected by the person's body but advances have got rid of that problem. Consult with an oral surgeon for a tooth implant which is more complicated and takes a longer time compared to a bridge. A partial plate denture is used when several teeth are missing in a row. With implants, one or several bridges may be able to work in such a case.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Agreed, jns.

Comment

Working...
      X