• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Implant awareness and suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implant awareness and suggestions

I'm 42 years old. I am looking out for help with my problem. After losing a tooth I really struggled with eating, I would choke on food that hadn't been chewed because it was stuck in the gap between my teeth. I was literally biting my tongue far too many times. The first consultation in a dental clinic in Brampton went really well. The dentist said I had a good amount of bone to implant with and my nerves were not in any danger of getting in the way. So I decided to go for a dental implant surgery. link removed. The Doctor gave me full details of how to take care after surgery and told me about the consequences. Nothing is there to be worried but I really want testimonials from the people about the after-effects of dental implants. What all should I be aware of after the implant? Can anyone suggest the food that should be avoided which might trigger the pain?
    Last edited by Claret; 10-25-2018, 04:14 PM. Reason: outbound link

Hello alexamathew ,

I want to give suggestion on after effects of dental implants. After dental implants surgery you might be suffering from nausea, vomiting, bleeding, swelling, and pain. So you should take care of your mouth and teeth, Keep your mouth clean with soft brush and use mouthwash. Apply ice bag on the skin of the surgical area. Eat light food and drink plenty of liquid. If you are suffering from a lot of pain, then take painkiller as per doctor prescription. Keep proper rest and don't eat anything hard that gives pressure on your surgical area.

Comment

Dental implants are becoming the only way to go if you can afford them. I currently have 4 and I'm being prepped for a 5th one. It is not a quick process. Following the extraction there is a waiting period of 6 -8 or more weeks. During this time the bone and tissue will fill in. Then, if you don't need a bone graft they will drill in the receptacle for the post called the abutment. When the bone and tissue heals around this and it is fully integrated(another 6 - 8 or more weeks) they will put in the post. The tooth is readied and fitted to the post and - there you go. If you require a bone graft at any time this will add another period of time prior to implanting the post. All in all, it can take up to 6 or more months.

As for results? I've been very happy and have not had a problem with them. They look and feel just like one's natural teeth.

Comment

Working...
      X