Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Love Your Teeth?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do You Love Your Teeth?

I do! I brush them twice a day. Each night I use an electric toothbrush. It is a manual one in the morning. I had my teeth straightened as a teenager and now they're lovely and straight. I have regular dental appointments: I take pride in my smile.

Over to you!

• I too, take my teeth as part of an overall health issue more than a cosmetic enhancement. My teeth are perfectly aligned but I do have an overbite. I would dearly have loved to have braces as a kid but my parents couldn't afford it. Now, due to issues beyond my control, the gums and bone surrounding my teeth have created problems. I see the dentist for cleanings 4 times a year to maintain them. Given that I have had open heart surgery it is imperative that I keep my teeth and gums as healthy as possible. This goes not only for me, but for everyone.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• My teeth are in pretty good shape, I think. They have moved a bit over the past few years I guess, and I've considered Invisalign to help with some of the issues caused by that. It's more difficult to keep them clean and it's actually uncomfortable at times.

Comment

• When did you have open heart surgery, Claret? I hope you've recovered well.

I agree that everyone needs to keep their teeth and gums healthy: I do this by using an electric toothbrush each night and a manual brush each morning. I definitely am a convert when it comes to the electric toothbrush. It reduces plaque and tartar efficiently.

I am also having my teeth whitened by my dentist in the coming months. I don't have bad teeth, but the dentist recommended the treatment, which I am paying for myself. Having pride in my smile is wonderful.

Comment

• I paid so many efforts to be able to say that my teeth are perfect

Comment

• Popcorn&Candy, I had open heart November 30, 2012. I had to have a double bypass. Since then I've also had both Iliac arteries stented due to familial hypercholesterolemia. It an inherited condition and I'm the lucky one that got it. SO, but yah, I'm fine back to exercising, actually anything I want.
            That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• I'm glad you're OK, Claret. You've gone through so much.

Comment

• It is important to brush and floss twice a day.

Comment

• You're right, RumiC. I use an electric toothbrush every night. I also brush in the morning, but use a manual toothbrush. The teeth do need to be looked after every single day. I was fortunate to have orthodontic treatment as a teenager. I have regular dental checkups, too.

It's great that so many people take pride in their smile.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X