Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• many Mr Rights? Yeah, I am not a believer that there is that one right, best person for us. That sounds kinda ridiculous when you think about the world's population.
    What's holding you back from trying online?

Comment

• Sheer nerves, atskitty2. Yes: really. I have seen someone I like [he works in Tesco] but don't know how to approach him. Plus, it is easier to admire someone from afar. At least that is what I tell myself.

Back to online dating: I may give it a go. Out of curiosity, do you have to pay for such a service? Which are the best dating sites? I'd appreciate more details and information.

Thank you!

Comment

• Popcorn&Candy , Definitely give it a try! There are so many different sites to chose from, both paid and unpaid. My personal favorite is OKCupid, which I've used on and off for many years. You can use it for free, or upgrade to a paid subscription to unlock bonus features (For when you're really serious about finding Mr. Right ).

In the last section of my article, I described a few other great options, and provided a link to Dating Scout which provides thorough reviews of all the different dating sites.

Let us know what you end up using and how you like it! Good luck!
        Last edited by Ashlee T.; 11-07-2019, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• I am single since 2 years and I cannot find a partner can somebody recommend me a good dating website where there are good and nice dating girls and also should I go to a relationship or not? Any body help me

Comment

• My recommendation for you P&C, and stark48, is to find what sites are most popular in the area where you live. I've learned that what is most used in my region, isn't necessarily true in the next state over, or even in the next major city. So, ask around and try out several of the ones available. P&C I know you're in UK, so it is very likely different there.

And, please, get some feedback on your profiles before posting. Let a trusted friend get a set of eyes on it before you post.

Comment

• Great advise atskitty2 ! Definitely a good idea to run your site past a friend. Writing about yourself is a lot more challenging than you would think! My article included some tips on how to write an effective dating profile as well as how to select good pictures. In my opinion, it's not so much which site you use, but how you use that site as a tool. At the end of the day, it comes down to presenting yourself well and putting in the time and effort necessary - It might sound unromantic, but it's a numbers game. Stick with it and stay positive!

Comment

• With internet dating we get to decide how we want to present ourselves via profile pictures and bios. There is no way to physically connect through the internet (even though social media sites claim otherwise.. I don't even want to think about what dating will be like when the metaverse is a real thing..) and it does seem like nowadays meeting people is broken down into steps. Like matching with a profile, chatting on the site, then exchanging phone numbers, then texting, and then finally meeting in person. I never actually feel like I can gauge what someone is actually like online, and often am quite surprised by how differently people are in person vs. what they are like on the internet. It's near impossible to accurately read tone and understand the nuance of interpersonal communication through a screen and for that reason I am saddened that it seems that the internet is taking over dating more and more as time goes by. I do know people however that love to connect and meet people through the internet! So while I don't think it's impossible to make internet friends, or date folks from the internet, I am still sad that it seems that meeting IRL is becoming less and less viable. I do think that the internet is rapidly changing the ways that we communicate and process communication.

Comment

• I met my now husband at an online dating site. That was in 1999…long before Tinder and other “hookup” apps were around. Come to think of it, we didn’t even have cell phones at the time.

if you know what you’re looking for, online dating can be highly successful.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
                    once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
                  • Reply to Egg Donation

Vanessa R. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It sounds like even the screening process is lengthy (which does make sense like you mentioned)...

05-12-2022, 10:45 AM By Zoë T.
                  • Reply to have you had sex outside?

Alison H. I agree with the question you raised! Does tent sex count!? The only time I had sex outside was on a camping trip (technically inside) a tent....

05-12-2022, 10:31 AM By Zoë T.
                  • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

I discovered the gift of experiences this past Christmas — I bought a few of them for people because I thought it was SO cool. I'll have to look up...

05-11-2022, 09:57 AM By Alison H.
                  • Reply to Underwear or not?

I do — but I'm so prone to UTIs (thanks, menopause!) that I'm afraid not to. I USED to skip underwear years ago, but it's been a LONG time.

05-11-2022, 09:46 AM By Alison H.
                  widgetinstance 381 (Latest Topics On Our Forums) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X