Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never tried dating apps but I met both my first husband and my current husband online, started online relationships, did the long-distance thing (both times), and then got married. The current husband is the keeper, and the first husband was proof I clearly needed higher self-esteem.

And previous responses are spot on -- it's exceedingly difficult to gauge someone's tone, intent, and even true personality through online chat. With both relationships, we moved from online to phone calls fairly quickly as hearing a voice certainly isn't foolproof but knowing their tone -- when you ask questions, when difficult conversations come up, when they're happy, angry, upset, etc -- can really help.

If I'm ever in the position to date again (and technically, I am as we're non-monogamous but I don't have the time or energy for another partner, let alone to go looking for one), I can't imagine using a dating app, although I know it's the most common way these days.

That being said when people ask me how I met my husband or how to meet people online, my method probably won't help. "Start a sex blog and bare your soul and body on the internet" probably isn't universal advice, lol.

Comment

• I have tried it. Quite a disaster i must say. To those who got it right i applaud them.

Comment

• Nope I haven't done any dating online and also don't have any experience of online dating ...

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Pretty sure that was my father-in-law

I was over at a fetish-focused singles website (for reasons that are in line with the values in my marriage) and am pretty sure I saw my husband's mother's...

Yesterday, 09:26 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Reply to Should I see a doctor?

Normally, this would be a sign of an infection. Bacterial vaginosis is one form that is extremely difficult to treat.
          But since it can produce a...

11-24-2022, 11:01 PM By Ronit Raj
        • Reply to Cheating

My philosophy on such things is that if you plan to tell your partner about it, you should do so ASAP. If you decide not to, understand that this might...

11-24-2022, 10:06 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Reply to Advice for a man

She has a lot to consider and you didn't approach with compassion but rather opportunistically from what I can figure which is why she and her friends...

11-24-2022, 08:39 PM By jns
        • Reply to Advice for a man

She was mugged. Her phone was stolen by a mugger...Thank God I enquired after 6 women on another forum called me a creep and a stalker.

The...

11-24-2022, 08:15 PM By Clueless man

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Pretty sure that was my father-in-law

I was over at a fetish-focused singles website (for reasons that are in line with the values in my marriage) and am pretty sure I saw my husband's mother's...

Yesterday, 09:26 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Advice for a man

Hi ladies, I don't know if this is the right place to post but I have a bit of a situation. Basically a female friend has uncharacteristically (We both...

11-24-2022, 04:31 PM By Clueless man
        • Painful spotting

!!! I have already been to a gynecologist with a PhD, please don't tell me to go to one !!!

I don't have any dectectable illnesses besides...

11-24-2022, 09:23 AM By Space-Traveller
        • Cheating

Ive been married for over 20 years and i cheated recently for the first time ever in my life and i feel so mixed about it all, i dont know how to clear...

11-21-2022, 10:07 PM By Jeanette46
        • Uterine polypectomy under regional anesthesia?

For years i had spotting between periods before i had my kids. Every period around my fertile week i would lightly bleed for a day or two between periods....

11-19-2022, 04:34 PM By littlemiss89
        Working...
        X