Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Know If He Loves Me? This Is A Loaded Topic...Let's Discuss It!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miya27
    replied
    Originally posted by Ashlee T. View Post
    Popcorn&Candy - Interesting! So did you just not share the same feelings he had for you? Unrequited love is always so tough! I have experienced that too, in both directions, unfortunately.
    It's not always easy to understand what the other person is going through. How much he wants to be with us.. is the love real? Should we accept that, are we ready for that? Lots of things going on in the mind, still, it's a very hard situation, mentally.Unrequited love is indeed so tough and I had this situation, someone in my teen years, said he loves me, we were friends from many years, but I was not ready, and this broke his heart. Today, he is with someone else, well. It's so hard to love, or not to love. It's great to hear others stories too. It's okay Popcorn&Candy.

Leave a comment:

• Zoë T.
    replied
    I agree with Julia! Love is expressed not only through words but also actions.

Leave a comment:

• Julia W.
    replied
    If he loves you, you will know. It's all in the way he treats you! Anyone can say I love you.

Leave a comment:

• ellabond
    replied
    I'm not afraid to take a stand, so I'll describe my opinion in more detail. I read my statements several times before I lay 'em down.
    Well, if the feelings are mutual, and the person feels that he or she is important, he or she will be sure of it. As far as intuition goes, it works that way, and there's nothing you can do about it. My friend wanted to pull his **** from the dirt, wanted to make a lot of money to prove to a girl that he loved her. She appreciated it but left for someone else who was always there for her. I mean, I feel disgusted when my husband touches me just because I'm in a bad mood. And he doesn't feel disgusted. He is sure that I love him. Young people aren't sure of themselves so you have to doubt and prove something every time, but why should you do that?

Leave a comment:

• amy40
    replied

how to know if he loves you?
    he asks you to marry him

Leave a comment:

• Popcorn&Candy
    replied
    You're absolutely right, Lucille: the man could pretend to love the woman just to get her in the sack. It is just the way of things, I suppose. That doesn't make it right, but it happens and always will. However, most older women wise up to this behaviour. Although I am not saying young women always fall for it: some do, though. Still, a woman could use a man herself: women can also be snakes in the grass!

Leave a comment:

• Ashlee T.
    replied
    Lucille - This is true! Especially on the "spending the night" part. There are definitely easier ways for a man to get sex than to move a woman in with him though, so I still lean toward thinking that asking to live together is a sign of greater commitment.

I think leaving sex off the table could be an interesting approach. Some people think the opposite, that if you have sex early on then you've taken that "lust" and drive for the sex conquer away and made room to see what he really feels. In other words, if he's truly only after sex, then he may be less likely to lead you on for months if he has already gotten what he wants.

I'm not sure of the best approach there. I think it just depends on the person.

Leave a comment:

• Lucille
    replied
    If he asks her to spend the night or move in with him, it may be so he can have sex with her. It may not necessarily means he's committed.
    Too often, a man will pretend to be committed, to love her, so she'll be more inclined to have sex with him.

My advice would be to not have sex with him and see if he's still committed, see if he still shows you he love you.

Leave a comment:

• Popcorn&Candy
    replied
    His name is Nick. He is a good person and I felt I wasn't the right person for him. He deserves someone a bit more adventurous than me. Of course I am no stick-in-the-mud, but he was not right for me and vice versa. Still, I do miss his friendship.

I hope that answers your query! There are good memories and I will always treasure our time together.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Chang
    replied
    hmm,that's a question...

Leave a comment:

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Husband doesn’t want sex like I do

Welcome to WH Interactive Forums. Maybe role playing would help the relationship along. You want him to dominate. He plays the role of dominating. In...

Yesterday, 06:15 PM By jns
  • Holidays and new relationships

I know that every single couple approaches this topic, as well as their relationship, at their own pace. Since it's the holiday season in America, I'd...

Yesterday, 06:03 PM By atskitty2
  • Reply to Pretty sure that was my father-in-law

Do you know for certain that your mother-in-law would be in disagreement with his attendance there? It could be that he lists himself single because so...

Yesterday, 05:43 PM By atskitty2

Welcome Red77! So glad you joined us!

If he wasn't open to a threesome, I doubt he'll be into opening the relationship.
    I'm also guessing...

Yesterday, 05:36 PM By atskitty2

Sexual incompatibility is indeed a legit reason for ending a relationship. Time to have another coversation about your sexual needs and where it could...

Yesterday, 11:46 AM By EmptyNester

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Holidays and new relationships

I know that every single couple approaches this topic, as well as their relationship, at their own pace. Since it's the holiday season in America, I'd...

Yesterday, 06:03 PM By atskitty2
  • Husband doesn’t want sex like I do

I, (22) and my husband (30) have been together a couple years. At first sex was great. The last year, it’s declined. Now it’s to the point where it’s...

Yesterday, 10:51 AM By Red77
  • Pretty sure that was my father-in-law

I was over at a fetish-focused singles website (for reasons that are in line with the values in my marriage) and am pretty sure I saw my husband's mother's...

11-25-2022, 09:26 PM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Advice for a man

Hi ladies, I don't know if this is the right place to post but I have a bit of a situation. Basically a female friend has uncharacteristically (We both...

11-24-2022, 04:31 PM By Clueless man
  • Painful spotting

!!! I have already been to a gynecologist with a PhD, please don't tell me to go to one !!!

I don't have any dectectable illnesses besides...

11-24-2022, 09:23 AM By Space-Traveller
Working...
X