Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats you idea of a romantic date?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• whats you idea of a romantic date?

Hi there.
    Out of curiosity, what is your idea of a romntic date? Whether it be a first date or a night out 4 years into a relationship?

• Something you both enjoy in an environment where you can pay attention to each other, talk, touch, kiss.

So: Dinner at a quiet restaurant. Walking somewhere nice - beach, mountains, etc. Boating on a lake, Exploring a city (either far away, or your hometown), Dancing, Picnics.

I think its not: going to a loud club where you can't hear each other talk. Doing something in a large group. Adventure sports - need to concentrate on the sport, not your partner.

Comment

• I think the two are different really as in the first date, you genuinely want to have the opportunity to get to know each other, therefore, it needs to have some criterias such as quiet enough to talk, nice enough to enjoy, good enough to remember...

As for 4 yrs into a relationship, a re-visit to the first place we went to.. A limo ride, to wineries for the day, food and wine tasting, a cheap flight to Melbourne, without him knowing and spend the day there, after all it's just as cheap these days as to going to a restaurant to eat and you are in Brisbane
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• The perfect romantic date for me would be dinner at a small inexpensive restaurant with my husband. Followed by a walk on the beach, then sitting on the beach cuddling, kissing and listening to the waves.

Unfortunately, my husband don't share my love for the beach. I don't think he realizes how much it means to me. I was practically raised on the beach in Hawaii.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
        ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• For me I am not into the romantic cliche stuff, I do not like fine dining restaurants, do not like dancing (at all), do not like candlelight stuff, no roses to a bathtub or anything. I end up liking to have fun rather than the romance, so for me personally I would like to go do something fun in the day like paintballing then go home and have him cook dinner for me, watch a good movie (aka not a chickflick) on the couch in front of the fire, then head out to a field someplace out of the city and look at the stars. Looking at the stars is one of my favorite things to do and about as romantic as I actually like it, we bring blankets and hot chocolate and sit in the bed of his truck. A day and night like that would be great date to me.
          There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Going to a restaurant where we really like the food, where what is going on in the background is not obtrusive and where we have some privacy.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsASecret View Post
              For me I am not into the romantic cliche stuff, I do not like fine dining restaurants, do not like dancing (at all), do not like candlelight stuff, no roses to a bathtub or anything. I end up liking to have fun rather than the romance.
              Same thing with me... Except for the dancing, I LOVE to dance, him, not so much... But still, even if he did, going dancing wouldn't be all that romantic/fun to me.

I'm more inclined to go with something fun and active. Spending the day hiking or out at the lake, going camping. Spending the day just hanging out by the pool. Tossing a cooler in the back of the Jeep, taking the top and doors off and go out "Jeeping" out in the hills. Hopping on the four wheelers and going out in the hills getting dirty. Hopping on the motorcycle and going for a ride.

One of the funnest days I think I've ever had was when we went for about an 80 mile ride on the four wheelers, we were gone about 8 hours, when we got back not one single inch of us was clean, we were a pitiful dirty mess. But we had so much fun and I got some killer pictures.

More often than not, we cap of the day being totally and completely utterly exhausted, passed out on the couch trying to watch a movie, lol.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Old member

your ex is not angry that you divorced him?
                Kiyomi might be angry that you left?

you have been raising her for a number of years...

Today, 11:34 AM By amy40
              • Reply to Painful nipples

Hi Peaches,

I have not experienced this myself but am hoping someone here might have and can chime in. Have you spoken with your OBGYN about...

Today, 10:08 AM By Ashlee T.
              • Reply to What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

You can try visiting counsellor or taking anti-anxiety pills....

Today, 12:25 AM By TerenceBlacker
              • Painful nipples

I am a 32 year old woman with large breasts. When my nipples get cold they get extremely painful. The pain is unbearable. I was wondering if anyone else...

Yesterday, 11:00 AM By Peaches1
              • Reply to Old member

A post I agree with, atskitty2.

I do think - chaya - that if you have made up your mind, then go with it. Follow your heart. Only YOU can...

02-24-2020, 01:39 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Painful nipples

I am a 32 year old woman with large breasts. When my nipples get cold they get extremely painful. The pain is unbearable. I was wondering if anyone else...

Yesterday, 11:00 AM By Peaches1
              • Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
              • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
              • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
              • Dating married man and need advice

So I have been seeing someone for five months. During our third date, this man told me he was married, but was now divorcing. I believed him, however...

01-31-2020, 05:47 AM By MariaL
              Working...
              X