Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Here Ever Dated a Police Officer?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Has Anyone Here Ever Dated a Police Officer?

My boyfriend is currently in the police academy and he should be graduating soon & I was hoping to get advice from anyone who has had experience being in a relationship with a cop.

I know it's going to be stressful for him at times so advice on how I can help him through it & keep our relationship strong would help.

• Does he already have job prospects? He may have to deal with the stress of getting a job before the stress of the job. Aside from that, unless you have specific concerns, treat him like you'd treat any other BF.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Don't ask me, my ex was a police officer - not a nice guy.
      That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Well Tbase, I known some really good guys who was cops. But a few had this attitude they was never wrong with a huge power trip. Because they was a cop with a badge and a gun. I sure hope your SO does not let the power go to his head if he doesn't you should have a good relationship with him. If it does get the hell out now you will hate his guts later.
        When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• The best advice I can give you is be prepared for bad days and allow him to air his frustrations out don't let him keep it in and allow it fester, does take up a hobby to relieve the stress. One of my friends knows someone who is a policewoman (she used to be in the armed forces). I've met her and her experiences have reminded me of how hard it is to be in law enforcement and of the annoying things she has to deal with like delinquent youths. She boxes as a way to deal with the stress.

There are some Police officer who have that power trip and abuse their status. Over here in the UK the police don't have guns apart from specific armed units which I guess can decrease their power trip.
          It's all fun and games until you mess with a Portuguese girl.

-

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X