Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I text him first?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Should I text him first?

There's guy I met online. He works as a CEO. We had a good convo n he asked me out. I told him I was free on Friday.
    On Friday I texted him to make sure that we were on in the morning. He replied around 2 pm saying sorry for the late reply but he was in a meeting.He then told me he was gonna be late, we were supposed to meet at 3 but he wanted to push it to 4.30.

I was a bit annoyed but I told him it was fine, mind you, I was already otw. I was walking around alone till I got a text from him right at 4,30 saying ‘I’m really sorry about this but I think we have to meet another time. I can’t make it.’ I was mad and felt disrespected but I replied ‘ok don’t worry about it.’ to which he replied ‘I’m sorry, I’m still not done here n I don’t wanna waste ur time’

I ignored that as I was expecting a better apology than that.he could’ve canceled earlier, right? It’s now been 2 weeks n he hasn’t text me. should I give him another chance?

Or he’s not into me , being a jerk, and I should move on?

• Originally posted by moonlight94 View Post
    There's guy I met online. He works as a CEO. We had a good convo n he asked me out. I told him I was free on Friday.
    On Friday I texted him to make sure that we were on in the morning. He replied around 2 pm saying sorry for the late reply but he was in a meeting.He then told me he was gonna be late, we were supposed to meet at 3 but he wanted to push it to 4.30.

I was a bit annoyed but I told him it was fine, mind you, I was already otw. I was walking around alone till I got a text from him right at 4,30 saying ‘I’m really sorry about this but I think we have to meet another time. I can’t make it.’ I was mad and felt disrespected but I replied ‘ok don’t worry about it.’ to which he replied ‘I’m sorry, I’m still not done here n I don’t wanna waste ur time’

I ignored that as I was expecting a better apology than that.he could’ve canceled earlier, right? It’s now been 2 weeks n he hasn’t text me. should I give him another chance?

Or he’s not into me , being a jerk, and I should move on?
    You actually know nothing about this person. You don't know if he's a CEO, if he's married, if he's even over 20. You know nothing about this person. He's told you flat out -- "I don't want to waste your time."

So, don't waste your time, you won't get an apology and you won't get a second chance. Walk away.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• If the 94 in your screen name indicates the year you were born, then you are 20. Unless you are in Silicon Valley, most CEOs are usually older than 40. As Claret says, you really know nothing about him. If he were real and wanted a second meeting, he would have sent you many apologies and immediately rescheduled. He is not worth the risk or bother.
      "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• Agree with the above. But not hearing from someone for 2 weeks alone is reason to forget it, especially just after he essentially ditched you.

I have a busy life but it doesn't take me 2 wks to contact someone I care for.

Comment

• Even if it were all for real, the ditch was too much. If he wasn't sure he could make your date, he had no business scheduling it in the first place. Anyone who approaches dates as contingency-based "if I can make it" things is not showing you enough respect, as they're obviously prioritizing their own wants and convenience.

"I want to date this guy/girl, but I'm not sure I can make it so I'll just have them go and if I show up fine, if not, oh well. That works best for me." <<-- little boy/girl mentality
          [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
            Even if it were all for real, the ditch was too much. If he wasn't sure he could make your date, he had no business scheduling it in the first place. Anyone who approaches dates as contingency-based "if I can make it" things is not showing you enough respect, as they're obviously prioritizing their own wants and convenience.

"I want to date this guy/girl, but I'm not sure I can make it so I'll just have them go and if I show up fine, if not, oh well. That works best for me." <<-- little boy/girl mentality
            OR, "I'm so important, and I out rank this girl (after all I am a CEO after all and my time is oh so much more important) so I can screw around with her head on-line and she won't recognize that I'm not really who I say I am. If I think I can pull it off perhaps I'll go, if I can't, oh well, nothing lost". -- Catfish mentality.
            That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Yeah, don't waste your time. The same kind of thing happened to me when I was online dating. He was a manager for a store, and he always canceled on me that day/night saying one of his workers called in sick or that they just didn't show up. It was annoying, but didn't bother me too much, though, since he was much older and I was really only looking to get laid since I knew an actual relationship wasn't possible, and I was dating two other guys at the time. But still, it's rude. Don't give him the satisfaction of chasing after him. Don't reward him for being a jerk. Meet someone else online, assuming you have an online dating profile.

Comment

• I'll joint the rest in advising you to walk away.

Maybe this fellow now scared of meeting you because you'll soon discover that little of what he has told you is true. For instance, being a CEO. Of what? A hotdog stand? As effy said, CEOs of corporations of substance are usually older. A woman I know met some guy online. When they met, he showed up in a high-end car and made a point of "stopping by" his house in Santa Monica. Turned out he owned neither the car nor the house. They belonged to relatives. But that's not what he represented. She quickly gave up on him, not because he was not wealthy as he wanted her to believe, but because he felt the need to pretend to be someone he was not.

Even if the guy in question here is in no way phony, I would agree he's not at all interested in taking things further with you. If there was even slight interest, he'd have been in touch and apologized long since.
                I do not grow old; if I stop growing, I am old.

Comment

• The ball is in his court. If he was interested he would have handled it much differently. I think you last sentence is correct on all three. Save your self a lot more angst. Move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
                    You actually know nothing about this person. You don't know if he's a CEO, if he's married, if he's even over 20. You know nothing about this person. He's told you flat out -- "I don't want to waste your time."

So, don't waste your time, you won't get an apology and you won't get a second chance. Walk away.
                    Totally /agree
                    Don't waste ur time Switty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X