Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boyfriend's Wants To Experiment

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Boyfriend's Wants To Experiment

My boyfriend and I have known each other for almost two years now. We started dating since June 6th, 2017.

He brought up a threesome and I took serious offense. I've asked him why he wants to experiment and he's said it's because I don't know how to do much. I'm a virgin and so is he. He wants to learn more on sex but I figured we could figure stuff out on our own.

He doesn't want to break up or lose me and I don't wanna break up and lose him but I'm really thinking it'd be better.

I know if he has sex with another girl even if I end up being his first I won't be his only and I'll no longer be as special. Even if he says I am.

What do I do?
    Last edited by atskitty2; 01-15-2018, 12:02 PM.

• If you're both virgins now, why are you even discussing threesomes when you haven't even tried a twosome?

Not making light of your issue but it's a big jump from virgin to threesome discussion.

Bottom line, as I see it, this is incompatibility. You're offended by something that he wants to try, whether this week or next year.

Additionally, his statement that you don't know how to do much, is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black right? If he is a virgin, he has no actual experience either.

How old are you both?

Comment

• I'm 17 and he's 18.

Comment

• I agree with you, that it's better to end the relationship. You have very different ideas about what a relationship should be, sexually. This is a very important thing to consider in relationships.

You're still quite young. I'm glad you recognized this may not be right for you, and sought out feedback. That's a very healthy thing to do.
        In time, you'll learn to trust that instinct, that feeling you had. In the meantime, I'm glad you found us here. Please visit any time you need some reassurance or an extra hand with something. We're glad to help.

Comment

• Thank you. I will take everything you said into consideration.

Comment

• Was he suggesting the 3-some as being something for your first time? If you have been in this relationship a while and have been having sex, why not experiment with each other and doing other things other than straight sex. Buy a book and the two of you go through it, trying different positions, different sensations etc. If after a while of getting to know each other's likes and dislikes then resume the 3-some discussion.

Being in a 3-some is one of the major fantasies that men have. It is probably better left as a fantasy as the reality isn't usually the experience thrill they expect. In my opinion, two men and one woman, probably makes more sense than two women one man scenario. Ask him which one he fantasises about.
            That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• talk to him, to clear yours relationships

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
              • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              Working...
              X