loud talker

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

loud talker

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• loud talker

I lived in a Seinfeld episode last night.
    First date, man had a booming voice and laugh.

I thought it seemed loud, then noticed the people looking at us from across the bar, across the restaurant. I had to giggle.
    Half way through dinner, he suddenly got very quiet in his tone. He said "I'm sorry, I've been yelling haven't I?" He said he'd noticed people glaring and that he must be doing it again...

I just laughed and told him his self awareness on the matter was nice.

I have had some fun first dates. This was on the list of funniest.

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
    I lived in a Seinfeld episode last night.
    First date, man had a booming voice and laugh.

I thought it seemed loud, then noticed the people looking at us from across the bar, across the restaurant. I had to giggle.
    Half way through dinner, he suddenly got very quiet in his tone. He said "I'm sorry, I've been yelling haven't I?" He said he'd noticed people glaring and that he must be doing it again...

I just laughed and told him his self awareness on the matter was nice.

I have had some fun first dates. This was on the list of funniest.
    People often forget about their known conditions when having a good time. Best wishes.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I have a good friend who has some sort of hearing issue, not poor hearing but something about the ability to hear his own voice, so he frequently talks very loud. I'll just make a small motion with my hand, like pushing something down, he picks right up on it and dials the volume down two or three notches! :-)

Comment

• I think this guy just has that tendency. He said he does it when he gets excited about something, so I chalked it up to nerves. And alcohol. He drank quite a bit for the short time we were together.

Comment

• I socialized with a man called Nick. He had a very loud voice: you could hear him across the room! He is very confident and just says it how it is. I don't talk to him these days, but we had good times playing scrabble and wandering into town. We would often have lunch together and even went to Oxford one time. Anyhow, confident talkers are often loud. Not all people like others like that, but to me it is endearing. However, being a confident talker does not always mean sticking your oar in and yelling across the room: many confident people are actually softly spoken and just take care with what they say. I definitely don't like stereotypes: I am confident myself, but I seldom yell across the room. I make sure I remember everyone's name and just get along with people. That's my life story!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X