• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No announcement yet.

too jaded?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
    To believe it's only gonna end up going bad...as it has countless times before. That There ****must**** be some horrible underlying flaw.

I don't like thinking this way. I'm trying to stop it.
    It also seems to be a short attention span problem where you are trying to get to the answer before losing interest. Trying to get to the decision point instead of enjoying the process. A short attention span is something that has been societally taught. Of course, business likes quick answers, too. Quick answers are not always the best ones.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Hadn't thought of that jns, that's a very good point.
      Making efforts to be "in the moment", focused, in other areas of life, but hadn't really applied that to this scenario.
      Maybe I need an adjustment here too.

I suppose what we realize when in a relationship is we can't control the other person: we can't predict their actions or thoughts and this makes us insecure. This is true for both male and females. This is where our doubts come from. BUT we have to give the other person a chance and feel our way through dating and the relationship. It is difficult to quash those thoughts that he/she is going to break up with us or don't find us attractive enough, but this line of thought gets us nowhere. We have to reduce the stress and take a chance. If things go wrong, they go wrong: no amount of fear or worry will change that. Basically, I'd just get to know the person and take it easy. The worst that can happen is you stop seeing each other.