• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need female advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need female advise

OK so I need some female advice, lol.

There is this very attractive (like way out of my league attractive) girl who's the cashier at my local grocery store. I went in last night and it was really quiet (its normally very busy). I was loading my groceries up and she seemed quite chatty. Specificially, she was commenting on a lot of the things I was buying. "Oh, this sushi is really good, I had it a few days ago and loved it" and "that actually goes really well as a dip for tortillas". I tried to reciprocate her degree of interest, so as not to seem disinterested but as this was my first time talking to her I didn't want to be overly aggressive. I go this grocery store 2-3 times a week and she's new there.

I told my boys about this, and they are of the opinion that I should have gotten her number. But to me that just seems very rushed. Like it seemed she liked me, but what if she was just friendly. And isn't a 3 minute encounter too soon to ask a girl for her number? I don't want to scare her or come off as a creep.

I was never good at picking up girls, so take this with a grain of salt. She could have been just making small talk. Or she may have been a bit interested. Hard to say. I would find out a bit more before trying for a number. Maybe she has a boyfriend. You could open the conversation on how good the sushi was and that the dip for tortillas was a good tip. Ask if there is a good buy today. Maybe talk a bit more on her break, if possible. If you connect on things in common, you should not come off as a creep.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Thanks! Will do.

Yeah, I think she has to have a BF or a husband. I can't imagine how a girl who looks like her could possible be single.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't have asked for a number based on that either.

Take note of how she is with other customers when you're in there. See if she acts the same.
        If yes, there ya go.

If not, get in her line a few times and see if the conversation picks up from there. Give it a few times, 4 or 5 times, before you make any attempt to take it further.

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
          Yeah I wouldn't have asked for a number based on that either.

Take note of how she is with other customers when you're in there. See if she acts the same.
          If yes, there ya go.

If not, get in her line a few times and see if the conversation picks up from there. Give it a few times, 4 or 5 times, before you make any attempt to take it further.
          Good idea. I'll have to see how she is with other customers.

Comment

I'd be forward with her: although not pushy. Just continue being chatty with her and gauge where she's coming from. Don't take too long showing your interest, though: you do need to take it slow, but be too slow and she'll be gone. Definitely get to know her.

Comment

Update adub?

Comment

I'd like an update, as well. How did grocery store girl pan out?

Comment

I didn't see her last thursday. I did see her the Monday before but she was in the express aisle and I think I had more than 10 items so I didn't stand in her line. I'll look out of her this week and let you all know.

The second time I talked to her, she didn't seem quite as chatty. I was hoping she'd be a little more excited to see me.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks P and C!

Comment

Originally posted by a_dub View Post
                        I didn't see her last thursday. I did see her the Monday before but she was in the express aisle and I think I had more than 10 items so I didn't stand in her line. I'll look out of her this week and let you all know.
                        Dude, you could have put a few things back, and then gone through the express line again! :-) Your were absolutely right not to ask for her number the first time but there's nothing wrong with letting her know you're interested in talking to her more.
                        My advice: go to the store more often for fewer things! She'll notice you're coming in more often, and unless she's just completely oblivious, she'll figure out why.
                        Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Texasred View Post
                          Dude, you could have put a few things back, and then gone through the express line again! :-) Your were absolutely right not to ask for her number the first time but there's nothing wrong with letting her know you're interested in talking to her more.
                          My advice: go to the store more often for fewer things! She'll notice you're coming in more often, and unless she's just completely oblivious, she'll figure out why.
                          Good luck!
                          I agree, TX. Thanks for the advice!!!

Comment

How have things panned out with her? I look forward to reading your post!

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
                              How have things panned out with her? I look forward to reading your post!
                              I have not seen her in a few weeks. I'm always looking out for her when I walk into the store, but no luck so far. I hope she didn't quit working there...

Comment

Working...
                              X