Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Talking to My Crush

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Help with Talking to My Crush

There's a maintenance guy that works in my apartment complex and I have a crush on him, but it's hard to interact with him while he's working. I saw him checking me out, but I was too shy to stare back. I really want to talk to him. Any advice?

• Be bold and go for it! You're fabulous: believe it. He will be flattered you spoke to him. If you don't, you will lose him to someone else.

Make that move!

Comment

• Maybe something simple like giving him a bottle of chilled water would start the conversation.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
        Be bold and go for it! You're fabulous: believe it. He will be flattered you spoke to him. If you don't, you will lose him to someone else.

Make that move!
        It's just that I've been making the move for so long that I want the other person to try, for a change! Guys do this to me all the time, where they're clearly interested, but don't approach. We'll see...

Comment

• Well, if you don't want to make the first move, then just cast a glance in his direction, smile and make eye contact if you can. Then let him make a move if he wants.

Guys are shy, or lack the strength to put themselves out there too, so, be open to a natural, organic development too. If you're in close proximity, saying hi isn't making a romantic overture. Don't think too much and let it flow

Comment

• Have you spoken to your crush yet? How have things panned out?

I look forward to reading your reply!

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
              Guys are shy, or lack the strength to put themselves out there too, so, be open to a natural, organic development too. If you're in close proximity, saying hi isn't making a romantic overture. Don't think too much and let it flow
              Guys who have been burnt too many times may not be willing to put themselves out there again. Generally, though, if you want something, go out and get it.
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I have to agree with jns: if you want something, you have to go out and get it. There is no magic formula to attracting a person. You just have to be brave and talk to him! Nothing comes to those who wait and hope. OK, maybe sometimes, but if you take too long, someone else will get him. I'm not trying to push too much, but I really believe you can get to know him. But that'll only happen if you speak to him.

Again, I am sorry to push, but hoping he'll talk to you will not result in anything. GO FOR IT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JupiterGirl View Post
                  There's a maintenance guy that works in my apartment complex and I have a crush on him, but it's hard to interact with him while he's working. I saw him checking me out, but I was too shy to stare back. I really want to talk to him. Any advice?
                  of course u need to talk to him, afrter work for example. or invite him to "dinner". it will be a good idea. check this site u will find some advice how to make a budget dinner. dont be SHY !))
                  Last edited by jns; 03-26-2019, 01:05 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

• I second your advice, Lialia270.

I hope Jupiter Girl has made her move by now! If she hasn't, someone else must've gotten him. It is a fast world and if someone does not make their move quickly, the person will be snapped up faster than the speed of light. It does seem sad that someone would let shyness stop them getting their crush in bed, to be blunt. I wouldn't wait around: I'd quickly make my move. I suppose I am as fast as the world.

Again, I hope Jupiter Girl dealt with her shyness and has made her move.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• The End Of DVDs and CDs

I have not bought any DVDs or CDs for a few years now and never will again.

I have given away 30 odd CDs and now stick to YouTube. I want...

Today, 01:33 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Reply to New to divorce and sharing kids

I second Ashlee T.'s post.

Today, 01:29 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Reply to How to gain weight fast?

You've made an important point, Stillness. I am glad to have my question answered.

Today, 01:27 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Reply to AC7

I found your post informative and interesting, Stillness. I wouldn't fast myself, but I see what you're saying. As long as a person isn't starving themselves,...

Today, 01:25 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Reply to New to divorce and sharing kids

Hi Kaja,

I am not in your situation but have friends who are. It is actually a rather common situation these days. I cannot imagine that...

Today, 08:10 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• The End Of DVDs and CDs

I have not bought any DVDs or CDs for a few years now and never will again.

I have given away 30 odd CDs and now stick to YouTube. I want...

Today, 01:33 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • New to divorce and sharing kids

I wasn’t sure where to post this. Does anyone here been divorced and share joint custody with ex?

We have. 4,5 and 6 week old daughters...

Yesterday, 11:20 PM By Kaja9584
                    • Can’t tell if I’m squirting or what? Please help

Hello, so I never squirted before and never really tried to but lately I’ve been using a vibrator on my clit and couple of days ago, I held it on there...

04-17-2019, 12:13 AM By Avvybaby
                    • Breaking up

I have decided that.a guy I have been seeing for a few months is just not right for me. I need to break it off. But he is a very, very nice guy and I...

04-13-2019, 02:07 AM By Kiwi
                    • Mirena coil foetus?

I got my mirena coil removed today. Attached to it is a 'blob' about the size of a pea. I first thought maybe it was cervical mucus etc, but upon closer...

04-15-2019, 07:51 AM By katie1508
                    Working...
                    X