Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking up

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Breaking up

I have decided that.a guy I have been seeing for a few months is just not right for me. I need to break it off. But he is a very, very nice guy and I am sure he is going to feel hurt and betrayed. He seems to have fallen quite hard for me, so I am absolutely dreading saying anything. We have communicated 90% of the time by text. Neither of us are big talkers on the phone. What are peoples opinions on breaking up by text? Is it acceptable? Any wise tips on breaking it off without feeling so guilty and horrible? Thank you
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-13-2019, 03:35 AM.

• I second HelenSmitt's post. Find a quiet place, where there are few people, make sure he's not in a hurry and you both have time together. Then tell him kindly it's over. Just be direct but tactful. He may cry but don't apologise. If he gets angry, leave and let his anger dissipate BUT - again - don't apologise or offer false hope. It IS over, so when you're done talking to him, just calmly walk away and leave him for a few weeks to accept the relationship is finished. He may well try to phone you, text you, beg or plead but DON'T GIVE IN. No matter how nice he is, you mustn't offer hope: it will devastate him further and you'll only have yourself to blame. Be direct but don't say sorry to him. If you truly care for what you had, you won't lead him on out of guilt.

Comment

• The kindest thing you can say is that there is just no spark. It's not personal and an understanding person will respect it. Good luck

Comment

• Yeah, not cool to break it off via text after months. Just tell him you're not feeling it...it's not working for you.

Comment

• Honesty is the best policy in this case. Don't be blunt but tactful: whilst still telling him the truth.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Weird lump on perineum

Hi all,

I wanted to ask about this weird thing that I have. I have a small lump just beneath the vulvar opening, on my perineum. It seems...

Today, 10:19 AM By flowerybox
          • Reply to AC7

It is hard to have self control when faced with a delicious meal! LOL.

Today, 06:21 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to PTSD

I was interesting in reading your post, MrMr. I can only imagine what you went through, so I won't condescend you by saying I do. But PTSD is common in...

Today, 06:20 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to Do You Consider Internet Work "Work"?

I could not live without my computer, MrMr, so you're right with what you're saying. Blogging/Facebook/everything else, does help mental health. Maybe...

Today, 06:14 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to Gender Identity, Expression, and Why It Matters – Discuss

I absolutely agree, Lakewolf Whitecrow.

I am sorry for what you went through. You should never have been targeted for being you are were...

Today, 06:06 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Weird lump on perineum

Hi all,

I wanted to ask about this weird thing that I have. I have a small lump just beneath the vulvar opening, on my perineum. It seems...

Today, 10:19 AM By flowerybox
          • PTSD

Interested to hear from partners of ex servicemen and how they deal with their partners PTSD?

I've always thought that I've "gotten...

06-01-2019, 10:25 PM By MrMr
          • Do You Consider Internet Work "Work"?

I do.

I am always on Facebook and the suchlike. I realize it sounds like spam, but it is legit. I also have my books being sold online and...

06-08-2019, 04:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Gender Identity, Expression, and Why It Matters – Discuss

Do you feel that your gender identity, or the way you express it, falls outside of the “norm”? Maybe you have a friend or family member you're concerned about? Have you – or a loved one – eve...

05-28-2019, 12:09 PM By Ashlee T.
          • Glad to be here!

I found this site via my subscription to another writers’ site...and boy, I’m glad to be here!

I haven’t been published since the ‘70’s-‘80s,...

Yesterday, 11:39 AM By Lakewolf Whitecrow
          Working...
          X