• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working at home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I've been working from home for about eight years now. I started out as a transcriptionist and built my profile and reputation through the years. Then I got into what I've always loved doing which was writing. I wrote travel articles first and then proceeded to different niches. You can actually visit sites that encourage stay-at-home moms to work with them. I find it really convenient and fulfilling, being able to work and earn while taking care of my daughter.

Comment

I am a freelancer and work from home. Work from home is a very good job and I like my job I feel its my own business during the job.

Comment

The way it worked for me was that I enrolled in a work at home employment gateway called Upwork and after that, from their, customers would ask and welcome me for interviews. Expectation this makes a difference! Likewise, it truly is an incredible approach to kind of get occupied from feeling discouraged and stuff...
        Last edited by jns; 08-03-2017, 11:03 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

Working from home is desirable for lots of people, but you have to be self disciplined and let people in your office and/or clients that they can contact you. Lots people will have office blindness and forget the person is actually working and won't contact them or will be very wary of contacting them. Also, lots people (mainly men) will be scared to work for home because they either think the office will collapse if they are not there or know that they need a certain environment to work in. With today's technology is far easier to be productive and prove you are being productive by working from home. However, some companies still feel the need for an office environment and all of their workers to be in once where in reality it is not really needed.

Comment

Thank you Ahsan1900.

Comment

I also work from home. I`m a freelance writer at australianwritings.com.au. I can work from any place and in what time I want. But I think that for some people it can be challenging because you have to be a very responsible person and do all the tasks in time.
              Last edited by JennyClay; 03-27-2018, 02:17 AM.

Comment

You're right, JennyClay: you do have to be responsible and aware of time management. It takes disipline to write for a living. Thankfully, we both [I assume] enjoy the process of writing. I think writing is something you either love or loathe. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but many find writing boring. I have never been that person: I started writing 20 years ago and haven't stopped. What about you? I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences, JennyClay.

Comment

Working...
                X