I want to work from home, help with advice!

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to work from home, help with advice!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I want to work from home, help with advice!

I’ve been floating around the Internet already for more than ten years. I think it’s time to spend time there with benefit! Freelancers, respond to me, please. How can I earn additional money?

• It's important to remember what a freelancer is. Traditionally, a freelancer is an expert in their field. I know, I know... that's not necessarily the case anymore. But 10 or 15 years ago, freelance consultants, developers, contractors, writers etc. made more money per hour, project than their employed counterparts. Why? Because they were specialized. They got hired to do one job and one job only. They were professional, efficient, and chances were a company could not find better.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenFogg View Post
      It's important to remember what a freelancer is. Traditionally, a freelancer is an expert in their field. I know, I know... that's not necessarily the case anymore. But 10 or 15 years ago, freelance consultants, developers, contractors, writers etc. made more money per hour, project than their employed counterparts. Why? Because they were specialized. They got hired to do one job and one job only. They were professional, efficient, and chances were a company could not find better.
      A big part of the money difference is the lack of benefits that full time employees have. Vacation days, holidays, sick days, personal time, medical plans and retirement plans all add up to significant overhead cost (they are also reasons why it may be cost effective to have a lot of overtime instead of hiring more people). Training costs for a full time employee are another major cost. A freelance expert is expected to come fully trained.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• You could have your work published with online publishers. If you're a writer that's a good option. You could make money from YouTube. I'm sure there're loads of other options but those are what I would choose. Someone will be on here soon with more ideas, I'm sure.

Comment

• A good online publisher is Lulu.com. They publish books for free: with no hidden catch. I have two books in print with them and they are great books, as is the publisher. It is not exactly vanity publishing, but do check it out!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X