Advice about the disaster career field

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Advice about the disaster career field

I’m a 22 year old university student and I’ll be graduating the fall of 2019. I’m majoring in sociology and I want to get into the disaster relief, aid, and preparedness field. I’m thinking of maybe trying to get a job with FEMA or the Red Cross. After graduation I want to do one of Americore’s programs so I can network, gain experience, and work of repaying loans. Does anyone know about this field, or have any advice on how to go about getting into disaster planning?

• I don't unfortunately, rosaliketheflower. But I applaud your efforts! I am sure you'll ace your sociology course. The best of luck! You'll have a great time, too. Anyhow, I am sure someone on here will be able to advise you about getting into disaster planning. You're obviously ambitious and this will serve you well.

Good luck! [Although I doubt you need luck! LOL]

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Acne

Acne, Pimples is a very common issue. Due to hormone changes, medical condition, fast food are the reasons for acne. Use natural products for acne. Avoid...

Today, 03:03 AM By asrhairtransplant
    • Reply to Accepting Who You Are

P&C, very good words.
      I believe that getting out of the comfort zone is the best way to express yourself and your potential.
      I met a lot...

Yesterday, 09:19 AM By HughFennell
    • Hi all!

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie as you could’ve guessed!

My name is Elvy. I am 55 years old. And I have been struggling with...

Yesterday, 09:06 AM By Elvia Page
    • Reply to The Road to Recovery

Hi and welcome!
      I am new here myself. I have been struggling with infertility for the longest time. I have quit trying a while ago, and know due...

Yesterday, 08:56 AM By Elvia Page
    • Reply to Next revolution(s)

Dude, not two minutes ago I worked out listening to MF Doom talking about taking over the world, then I come to this site and see your icon looking just...

Yesterday, 08:48 AM By Stillness

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Accepting Who You Are

I am coming to accept who I am as a person. I will always be quiet and reserved: that is who I am. And I can't change it. I will always be emotional and...

01-14-2019, 07:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Hi all!

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie as you could’ve guessed!

My name is Elvy. I am 55 years old. And I have been struggling with...

Yesterday, 09:06 AM By Elvia Page
    • Next revolution(s)

According to you, what will be the next revolution(s) ?...

Yesterday, 08:28 AM By Maximus
    • Compatibility between keto diet and HIIT

Hi,
      I have been trying to use keto diet, not overly strict, but first keeping my carb intake/day under control.
      In doing so, this affected...

Yesterday, 08:34 AM By Maximus
    • Yeast, bv or something else?

Hello ladies! I'm Dana- 31 years old, married, no kids and definitely not pregnant. It's my first time posting about anything like this... I'll try to...

01-22-2019, 11:12 PM By Little_flower
    Working...
    X