• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice about the disaster career field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice about the disaster career field

I’m a 22 year old university student and I’ll be graduating the fall of 2019. I’m majoring in sociology and I want to get into the disaster relief, aid, and preparedness field. I’m thinking of maybe trying to get a job with FEMA or the Red Cross. After graduation I want to do one of Americore’s programs so I can network, gain experience, and work of repaying loans. Does anyone know about this field, or have any advice on how to go about getting into disaster planning?

I don't unfortunately, rosaliketheflower. But I applaud your efforts! I am sure you'll ace your sociology course. The best of luck! You'll have a great time, too. Anyhow, I am sure someone on here will be able to advise you about getting into disaster planning. You're obviously ambitious and this will serve you well.

Good luck! [Although I doubt you need luck! LOL]

Comment

Working...
    X