What Are Your Views On The [Now Gone] United Press?

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Views On The [Now Gone] United Press?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What Are Your Views On The [Now Gone] United Press?

The above question. Now, United Press were a vanity publisher, but I had a number of poems put into their books that have proved popular. However, a lot of people are wary of the now gone United Press. I think they went into liquidation. This is unfortunate, but I've heard nothing from them for over a year, so I assume they're gone. Still, I love my poetry and feel glad people got the chance to read my work. I know United Press were never Penguin or a top publisher, but it was a start.

What are your views on United Press?

• Any thoughts?

Comment

• I read this when you posted it, but felt like the topic is out of my realm of knowledge. I don't know much about United Press so I decided to remain silent.... well...until now.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Let's face it: they were a vanity press. I think writers published by major publishing houses are very, very talented. Whereas United Press were more for the common man. There are differing opinions on them, but everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I'd be interested in knowing more of your thoughts, Ashlee T. And maybe other people?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X