Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Volunteer?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't use the computer there, but I assist members of staff.

Over to you.

• I preach the good news of God's kingdom. It dominates my life. My wife and I view our secular work as a means to support our ministry
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• That's wonderful, Stillness. I am religious myself: although not to your level. Still, I was raised Roman Catholic and went to church every Sunday as a child. We had a wonderful priest at our school. He was a nice, caring man and very understanding.

I don't go to church often these days - although I have been to a number of church weddings - but still believe in God, the angels and Jesus. Because only Jesus doesn't betray and never turns to stone. I could go on, but that is my penny's worth.

Again, I am glad for your work, Stillness. Having people make the world a better place gets my vote.

Comment

• Anyone else?

Comment

• Was out last night handing out sleeping bags to homeless people. The charity I work with have a campaign begging people to donate so people end up in a sleeping bag rather than a body bag.

The temperature has really dropped here lately and unfortunately that means the death tole is going to rise.

Last night we gave out 11 sleeping bags. So hopefully that impacts peoples lives.

The same group are out every night now.

Comment

• I think you're wonderful and generous, MrMr. What you do deserves credit. Definitely be proud of yourself. Handing out sleeping bags to the homeless is incredibly caring. You're right to do that and spend your time helping those in need. I do charity work myself and it is so rewarding.

Be proud, MrMr.

Comment

• I volunteer with hospice.

It can be a little depressing but it's been a very rewarding experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                I volunteer with hospice.

It can be a little depressing but it's been a very rewarding experience.
                Thank you for volunteering. Family and friends have been in hospice. It is important to have someone who cares nearby at the end.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• You are a credit to volunteering, atskitty2. It sounds difficult having to handle your work, but it must be rewarding, as you say.

It is wonderful so many people do volunteer. Again, it is very rewarding knowing you're making a difference. Because there are people who only work for money: but that isn't right. Volunteering means contributing without a paycheck and helps the world heal.

I am glad I started this thread.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
                  • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

Yesterday, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

Yesterday, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Reply to Nice to meet you!

Welcome to WH! I look forward to reading your posts!

Yesterday, 04:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
                  • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
                  • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
                  • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
                  Working...
                  X