Lonely ...

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lonely ...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Lonely ...

Hello all,
    I had been married for 5 years, now, I’m facing a divorce, in fact, not only a divorce, criminal charges too. So, the thing is, mine was an arranged marriage, but my mother in law is not a good lady, she is too greedy person. And, later did I realize that, even my husband is not a good person. He has affairs with other women, and his mother knows everything, and she had got me married to him only for money. My parents had passed away, when I was young, I’m their only child, and there is a lot of property in my name, which is why they had agreed to the proposal. Now, I have filed for a divorce, and they are blackmailing me. They have filed a suit against me, saying I assaulted my mother in law, I treat her badly, it is a criminal charge. They are saying, they will withdraw the case only if I agree to give them my parent’s inherited property, which will come up to a huge amount. And I’m not planning to get threatened , and give them the money. I have consulted Toronto defense lawyers, and they have assured me that we will succeed in this. But I feel so lonely now. The person whom I had loved with all my heart, has betrayed me, he was just a cheat, and so was his mother, and I just wish to get divorced from him now. But, I don’t know how my life is going to be after all this. I have no much relatives, and have to be on my know. Right now, I just want to finish this problem, and get out from this relationship. I hope and pray, that no one has to face such situations in their life...
    Last edited by Ashlee T.; 09-30-2016, 08:19 AM. Reason: Removed Link

• Sorry to hear you're going through a bad time. I think you're doing the right thing by standing up for yourself. It sounds like they are bullies.

I removed your attorney link. WH does not permit the posting of outbound links.

Keep us posted!
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I am guessing you are in Toronto. Look for a local support group. Find a new hobby. Get out there and try to meet people. It helps keep the loneliness away.
      Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• You need to contact your own family lawyer. It is NOT against the law to treat your mother-in-law meanly. that is unless you are causing great emotional, psychological, or physical harm. There are laws to protect inheritances. There are laws that the say the couple applying for divorce must give a full financial statement. They then take what the total assets are, deduct from that any debt and the remaining amount is divided equally. Further, if there are children involved consideration must be made for them both from the standpoint of custody but also for financial security for them. Get good legal advise, get an advocate if you haven't already for any children and don't let them beat you down.
        That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Claret has hit the nail on the head. You've every chance of winning the case. Be truthful and trust your lawyer. Do keep us posted.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X