New First Time Grandma to Be!

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New First Time Grandma to Be!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• New First Time Grandma to Be!

A little over a year ago my oldest son and his wife miscarried, and it was hard on them for a while, and led to some problems which they have luckily worked their way through, and now they tell me they have tried again and BOOM it's in there, her first appt is next week so noone else in the fam knows save her folks who live out of state.
    Meanwhile, my youngest son who lives with his girlfriend really in the same few blocks as the other, called last night and announced he and his girlfriend of 2 yrs are pregnant. I'm so excited!
    The younger doesn't know yet about the older, and we are holding our breath for the announcement, while the younger one quite boldly posted on social media after they made all their phone calls.
    I think this put the older wife of son #1 at arms length because they didn't receive a call, but, the younger doesn't know about their situation, and didn't want to 'brag' about his big news in the wake of what happened to them before. I totlally understand!
    However, now I am just hoping and praying everything is alright with both of them and we have two grandkids within a month of each other, this fall.
    I'm so so happy its hard to contain myself, can't even tell my parents about the older son's news until he's ready, and it's really hard!
    Now that the other one has come out with his announcement I can celebrate being a grandma-to-be but I am trying to keep as low key as possible for the big reveal that they are BOTH due.
    Ahhhhhh I will be 49 this fall when the due dates converge near my birthday. I feel some sort of relief knowing my kids didn't get pregnant too soon in life. I feel some kind of accomplishment or something, when all the credit is theirs! lol

)))))))

• Congratulations!

Comment

• Congratulations! Some grandchildren to spoil. Best wishes.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Congratulations!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X