• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

child becomes the parent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a roof over his head; it's his former place of business. It isn't suitable for living there but he's not on the streets at least. He has electric but no gas, as best I could figure out. There's a toilet and sink, no shower or kitchen. I wasn't able to get the microwave set up, but it's there at least, if he decides to use it.

He'd slept on the floor until someone brought in what appears to be a full length lounge chair (outdoor type) that was plumped up with blankets. Not good for an 85 yr old man...But better than a bare floor.
    He wouldn't come home with me either.

Comment

kitty, is your mom back to her apt?

what a stressful situation

Comment

If I knew he was on the streets, I'd bring him home, against his will if that's what it took. I'm beyond the point of caring whether they get mad at me. Lol

Comment

Mom is now staying with me for a few weeks.
          I just have to laugh sometimes.

I called her from work to tell her I'd be after 8 getting home. "can you bring me a Twinkle?"
          It's funny because it's so much like a kid, but especially because my mom never will ask for anything. Not exaggerated, she will hardly say anything she wants or prefers. Then she just blurts out that she needs a Twinkie of all things.

Twice I've cried out "serenity now!" lol

Comment

Working...
          X