• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not spending enough time with the kids.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not spending enough time with the kids.

Ok, So I currently don't spend enough time with my kids. I have a job that saps all my time, I also do part time blogging online. My kids are still young. Their dad on the other hand gets to spend more time with them. I am kind of afraid if this trend continues, they might not value my presence that much or something.

Welcome to forum, jane

are you saying that you work more than 8 hrs a day?
    are you trying to find more time for your children?

Comment

janedoe180, as one woman whose children are adults, out and on their own, I really wish that I had bitten the bullet and stayed home with them rather than working. I had wonderful day care but still in retrospect I missed so much. I understand that we must work at times, to balance family income, (I needed to work). But there were times when I would have other commitments for various charities, self-interest, schooling, etc. that I probably didn't need to do. I wish I could go back in time, I'd do things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Claret View Post
        But there were times when I would have other commitments for various charities, self-interest, schooling, etc. that I probably didn't need to do. I wish I could go back in time, I'd do things differently.
        Thanks Claret for your honesty! A lot of women will talk about quality vs quantity time. I think, however, time is time
        because it does go all too quickly.

I pretty much ignored our house the first yrs until our kid was in school fulltime. I thought time spent with kid was more important and if the dust bunnies piled up, so what.

Comment

Jane, I think you are right and wise to be concerned. Are you married to the father or is this a custody situation? How old are the kids? Can you share a bit more about the schedule and how everyone spends their time, generally?

I think that both quality and quantity are very important, personally. I am not a parent, let me say. I am an observer and I know what my parents did.
          I am a bit old school, I believe kids need their parents, more than anything. And they need their parents to be parents. It is a difficult job. It brings many tough choices.

Maybe with some additional info we can help. I think that since you are contemplating this, some changes likely need to be made.

Comment

Working...
          X