Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disruptive kids

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• disruptive kids

when two kids in a class don't get along and the teacher separates them, do they always have to move our quieter child next to the disruptive kid because they think our child will be a calming influence?

• should our child be always stuck next to noisy, disruptive kids?

Comment

• on second thought, maybe we should teach our kid to make noise, hum, sing, be disruptive
      so other quiet kids will be sent over and then our kid can concentrate in peace

Comment

• why can't teachers put kids in rows of desks like they did when I grew up?
        they always seem to want to group the kids and then you get stuck next to a kid who hums the whole time you are trying to do your test!
        Last edited by amy40; 09-01-2017, 07:04 AM. Reason: rant over

Comment

• Teachers are required to have a lot of education these days but many don't seem to have an innate understanding of children that primary school teachers did in the past. Is the disruptive child in the first row so that the teacher can supervise him or her more closely?
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I am not an expert on child psychology, but I do know teachers should be themselves. Children are children and don't reason the world like adults, so teachers should use their knowledge of that psychology to assist the variety of personalities in the classroom. Every kid is different and needs adults who understand them.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X