• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad needs physiotherapy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad needs physiotherapy

Hello all!!

My dad is a tumor patient. He was having spinal chord tumor. He has taken a number of chemo's and radiations due to his tumor. He was unable to walk and hence his doctor suggested to get physiotherapy and to improve his walking problems. Last week we went to a physiotherapy clinic but their training was poor and the trainee behaved badly to my dad. I was getting angry and we stopped the training from there. Currently, we are searching for new physiotherapy training center. When I discussed my dad's health issues with my bf he suggested about a clinic in Toronto which provides the physiotherapy treatment. Can someone tell me what is the difference between the regular physiotherapy and manual physiotherapy treatments? Thank you.
    Last edited by jns; 05-30-2018, 01:09 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Physiotherapy is the overall group that manual physiotherapy is a part of . Wikipedia says notable forms of manual therapy include manipulation, mobilization and massage. It is hands on for the most part thus manual. Physiotherapy also includes biomechanics, exercise therapy and electrotherapy . In the USA, physiotherapy is called physical therapy. An evaluation would be needed to determine what would be the best treatment or treatments for your dad.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Good advice, jns.

I hope your dad gets the treatment he needs, helenemilyy11. It is heartbreaking and I feel for you and your family. Unfortunately, I have no advice, but you have my sympathy.

Comment

Working...
      X