Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What wedding dress would flatter my figure??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What wedding dress would flatter my figure??

I am the exact definition of petite lol.
    I am 5'0. Just below 90 lbs. My cup size is about a B. Flat tummy. I have a decent back side for my figure.
    I am well aware there is no way I can pull of a ball gown. lol I had to wear a short dress to prom. I just think I'd look weird in a longer dress being so small, so I need to figure out what would make me look good and womanly. I really wanna feel like a woman. I'm still stuck in that 'little girl phase'. Not because my maturity level, but because of my body image.

Loveeeee.jpg

I'm attempting to upload a pic of myself so you can see my body shape more.

I was a big fan of the mermaid style dresses. Now I'm definitely looking at something a little less intense. Any advice?

Thanks
    xx
    "Hurt myself again today and the worst part is there's no one else to blame."

• I think you would be able to wear a ball gown wedding dress, but you have to get it made for a petite person. Maybe at a place that caters to Southeast Asians such as Thai, Laotian, Cambodian, Filipino or Vietnamese. I say this because women from those countries are more likely to be petite. I also know that western style white wedding dress are becoming more popular in Thailand and Laos and I suspect the same is true in Laos and Vietnam. I think they have been popular a long time in the Philippines.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• ASH,
      I also live in Washington ( State ), Every Major City, from Chehalis to Bellingham, Up the I-5 corridor have a Davids Bridal, also Tri Cities , Whenachee, Yakima, Spokane on the East Side of the State has them .
      Try Googling Davids Bridal and put Petite Brides in the Google Search. Davids has 7 pages of Gowns & they have Bridesmaid's gowns, just for Petites. That No way can someone mistake you for a " Lil Girl " .. lol

Comment

• I do live in Spokane, I plan on going to David's Bridal to look. Found an amazing dress in their catalogue. Just gotta try em on.

Comment

• You have a thin figure and I think a mermaid type would look nice! Or an A-line, which is kinda like the mermaid but isn't form fitting around the butt. That's what I got and I think it's very flattering.

Comment

• Ash, we need to see a picture of you in your underwear so we can advise accurately.
            "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• Originally posted by buddhaboy View Post
              Ash, we need to see a picture of you in your underwear so we can advise accurately.
              Who said anything about her underwear??

Comment

• The A-line looks good.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Ash, we need to see a picture of you in your underwear so we can advise accurately.
                  Harrdy Harr Harr, funny guy! LOL

Comment

• I know right... like he thought just maybe he could sneak that in and no one would say anything. LOL

Comment

bb, is your mind that gone that ....

Comment

• Ash, we need to see a picture of you in your underwear so we can advise accurately.
                        Such a boy comment

No Ash, too much information .............................

Do you like funky vintage? If so I'll direct you to a website I am looking it, so pretty and petite although I am 5 foot 8, I can get away with those dresses too especially being my second wedding.
                        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Buddhaboy, you are funny lol

I was really into the funky mermaid styles. Now I am looking at more romantic styles. I am really into lace at the moment,

CW- Have you found a dress yet?
                          When my mom got married the 2nd time, she wore a flannel jacket and jeans. She called me on the phone the next day and was like "Soooo I got married yesterday." I was like are you kidding?

Comment

• Gawd no jeans for me

I'll find the link and PM you off course, ( no links allowed)

I'm just wanting something IDK, vintage gold, kind of like an evening dress or cute style function dress..
                            PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Okay

Gold would be amazing. I don't think I could do that for the dress, but I was definitely thinking about a gold theme.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

Still, I have an opinion that it could go either way here. I think sometimes that things will never be the same, then I think that we'll all just go back...

Today, 05:00 AM By atskitty2
                              • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Thanks Still. I'll have to give that a try when the corn is best later this summer.

Today, 04:30 AM By atskitty2
                              • Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

When were they ever normal? In my experience, life is a war. The moments when things are going relatively well are just brief breaks in the ongoing stream...

Today, 01:13 AM By Stillness
                              • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Yes. I use an instant pot.

The last thing I made was corn on the cob.

Ingredients: Shucked corn

Directions: Place...

Today, 12:21 AM By Stillness
                              • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
                              • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
                              • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
                                he's at higher risk
                                his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
                              Working...
                              X