Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Nightmare" about ex-wife

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• "Nightmare" about ex-wife

Hi...need some "perspective". Its four in the morning and I just woke up from...for lack of a better word..nightmare...about my ex-wife.
    I was at the Republican (political party) National Convention in Tampa Fl.(her home city accross the country). I am a lifelong Democrat ( the other major political party). I was driving around Tampa with my current girlfriend; looking for my ex-wife WHY I was looking for her I really have no idea. I don't think it was about "showing off" that I am fine and happy. Although I was arranging a necklace of Siri Lanka
    emeralds around my girlfriends neck. Ex-wife was a ruby fan. Maybe it was just a combination of working on a motorcycle that i had originally bought for my ex-wife and the fact that Tampa has been in the news for the last couple of day. But it freaked me out. what do you ladies think?

• Sweetheart.

Your ex played a big part in your life, but it ended.

You have someone new in your life and you are scared of the future.

There are questions and you want to give this woman everything and let go but you can't .

What is your reason for not moving on in your opinion ?
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I really hate it when someone asks my opinion and then tells me I am wrong when I give it. That being said; i don't like what you are telling me. I haven't "thought" about my ex in months. I have given my new girlfriend free rein and she has redecorated the house. I have switched churches so that i go somewhere that they don't ask me about my ex. She doesn't "come up" inconversations. In short I don't know. I will have to "chew on that" awhile. Thanks CW.

Comment

• She was a big part of your life - a big, destructive part. You've done everything consciously you can to put her behind you. Your subconscious isn't done, though. So, it's coming out in your dreams. No big deal. Let your subconscious do its thing. Continue doing everything you can consciously to let her go.

And I can't help it - insert joke here about how being at the RNC was nightmare enough and it was mean of your subconscious to add your wife into the mix.
        <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Dreams are a way we resolve the unresolved or deal with issues are may be under the surface. Research has shown that if you continually disrupt a person's dream and don't let them dream, they start going crazy. It is one of our many coping techniques.

Even though your ex is out of your life, she will always be a part of your life. She impacted your experiences, your views on life, your memories, etc. Your mind may continually need to deal with the impact she had on your life on a subconscious level. I don't think you need to worry about it. If she isn't impacting your waking hours, then whatever your mind is doing subconsciously is working.
          Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• I like rubies.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Burma Rubies are certainly beautiiful stones....but Sri Lanka emeralds are beautiful too. sort of polar opposites red rubies and green emeralds. The two women are quite different in some aspects though very similar in others. New girlfriend is a bit OCD. She has cleaned my house within an inch of it's life.
              And re-decorated with a professionals eye toward taste. But where ex=wife came from "farm folk"; new girlfriend comes from the opposite end of the finanncial spectrum. She hasn't said as much but I strongly suspect her family was/is uhhh..."financially secure". Strange that both would be :drawn to me".

Comment

• I've only seen and handled uncut rubies in Thailand, near the border with Cambodia.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Hi ..thanks for the sympathetic responses. I am back to being ok with this...just threw me for a loop coming out of the blue like that. I think a lot of it was "concern"; Florida is getting a lot of flooding and that's dangerous. I still feel the need to "care and protect" the ex...though I haven't seen or heard anything out of her for five months and really don't expect to...afterall.....She's not going to "GET" anything from me.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Naked attention

Tv show naked attraction.

Will you judge my naked body?

Today, 06:58 PM By MrMr
                  • BC or perimenopausal

Hi All,

pls help educate me. My wife has some months ago had all the symptoms of either, some form of birth control...

Yesterday, 05:38 PM By StormySea
                  • Oral Sex leading to Sinus Issues

After my husband performs oral sex on me (female), he will almost always wake up with a stuffy nose the day after and feel as if a cold is coming on....

01-11-2020, 12:50 AM By Cb16
                  • Sent home from hospital with no answers. HELP

if anyone has shared the same experience as myself please please drop a comment, firstly I’ve had a dull pain in my lower right side for a week now,...

01-10-2020, 09:54 AM By Goggle1
                  • Encouraging twins to sleep

My sister has just delivered adorable twins. Can they sleep in the same crib or it is better to put them apart? I know that it can be hard to fit two...

01-09-2020, 08:20 AM By Hannah Bagrich
                  Working...
                  X