Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice on shaving

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• advice on shaving

I have been thinking about shaving my "down there" area for a bunch of reasons but I wonder if you think I should talk the idea over with my husband before I go ahead. He has never indicated to me one way or another if he likes it the way it is or would appreciate having less of it to deal with.

• Personally, I think it is sexy to dare to be different and to have less.

Secondly, it's YOUR body, if you want to give it a go for you, do it.

More than likely he will see it as a sign of being cheeky, unique and wonder.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Go for it! It's always good to try something different and I don't see why he would not like that. I'm sure he will appreciate the effort even if he doesn't have a preference for it.
      Plus, if he doesn't care much for it, hair always grows back.

Comment

• If you go ahead and do it, it will give your husband a look at what you actually look like without pubic hair. Then he would be able to give you an opinion of which he liked better. Ultimately, it's your own body and you can do with it what you like, but consulting with your SO about changes can make for a better relationship. After all, if he started growing head or face hair to a greater degree or cutting it to a greater degree or got tattoos or quit wearing deodorant, etc. you would want to be consulted beforehand, wouldn't you.

Myself, I like pubic hair. I like its look and I like its feel, especially when giving oral. I suppose there could be too much of a good thing and that some changes every once-in-a-while could be good, too.

Some people believe that public hair helps with proper sex organ health. I'm not sure I believe this, because I was with a girl once that naturally had only a few individual hair and others who were thin on pubic hairs. They were all healthy. Wouldn't such conditions be bred out over time if they were a detriment, Darwinian Theory thinking? With shaving, you have to be careful about causing ingrown hairs. Short trimming can leave a roughness like a several day old beard. A little bit longer can be softer.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Nothing wrong with discussing with your husband first. Although it is YOUR body, you do share it with your spouse and you do give them certain rights to it. He may or may not be into it. Some men are completely turned off by the idea of being completely hairless because it looks infantile.

How important is your husband's opinion? If he said he doesn't like it, would you not do it? If that is the case, then definitely discuss with your husband. If you plan to go ahead and do it regardless, then there is no point in discussing. You can inform him, but it would not be a two way discussion.
          Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• You should try it, see if you like it.

Personally, I like hairless, it's just much cleaner and easier to maintain in my opinion.
            I feel like the skin is much more sensitive, which makes oral very pleasurable.
            Although I recommend using a conditioner instead of shaving cream if your skin is really sensitive.
            Otherwise, you'll get nasty little razor bumps. Pubic hair tends to be much more coarse than the hair on
            your legs or under you armpits, so pick a really good razor too. =]

It's considerate of you to want your husband's opinion, but remember it is your body.

Good luck!

Comment

• Gone and done it without talking it over with him. As someone has said, "if he doesn't like it, it'll grow back." Will let you all know what happens.

Comment

• Someone's got a surprise waiting for him.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• My man has been out of town and last night was the first time we have been together since I shaved. Lets just say he was very excited . I can agree with some others about feeling new sensations that I’ve never felt before. Glad I did it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Top 5 Drinks Which Helps Lose Weight

Drinks containing ginger, carbonated water, apple cider vinegar, water, and protein shakes are top 5 drinks, which can help to lose weight....

Yesterday, 03:50 AM By TerenceBlacker
                  • Reply to Old member

If that's genuinely the lifestyle you want, then honestly, it's not that difficult to find those arrangements in the US. They are more and more common,...

02-20-2020, 08:03 AM By atskitty2
                  • Reply to I can't get over it!

I'm very sorry for your loss. That's a devastating loss that, I can imagine, could really never be fully recovered from. Have you been seeing a grief...

02-20-2020, 07:52 AM By atskitty2
                  • Reply to Old member

Kiyomi being not sure tells me that she is almost certain that she doesn't want to continue with the previous arrangement. It will be hard finding someone...

02-19-2020, 04:10 PM By jns
                  • Reply to Old member

I've talked with my ex and Kiyomi, he wants to get back together, Kiyomi is not sure about it. I'm bisexual and doubt I could ever be happy without having...

02-19-2020, 11:16 AM By chaya

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What do you mean by Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, commonly known as PCOS is a health condition that affects 10 million women in the world. Genetics, as well as environmental...

02-18-2020, 10:51 PM By laiqadm
                  • I can't get over it!

My baby was stillborn. It's been two years now but still, I can't get over it. Also, I couldn't conceive after that. So, I am looking forward to adopting...

02-18-2020, 09:13 PM By Emily2020
                  • Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
                  • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
                  • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
                  Working...
                  X