Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't think hubby loves me

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Don't think hubby loves me

I don't think my husband loves me. The reason why I think this is because he does not sleep with me in the bed at night. He prefers to sleep on a couch in the other room. The couch is old and dirty so he lines it with two blankets and plus at least two or three towels on top of that. He would rather sleep on a old dirty couch than sleep on a nice clean, fairly new, king sized bed with his loving wife. He is also not very affectionate. He hardly has sex with me, does not eat dinner with me at the table, does not take me out, or do anything for me. We don't have much of a marriage. We live more like room mates than husband and wife.

• You asked this exact same question, looking for advise a month ago and received a number of suggestions. Is there anything more you can add or is the problem different in any way. You described him as being schizophrenic at that time, is he still refusing the medication?
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Sorry, I did not realize I had posted it twice. He does not take medication. He thinks nothing is wrong with him mentally or physically and thinks our marriage is fine. Sometimes when I am asking him if he loves me, cares for me, is attracted to me, or something along those lines I will see him shake his head no, but he will say yes and say if he didn't love me or care for me we wouldn't be together and he wouldn't be wearing his ring. I have asked why he is shaking his no. He will say he must have been thinking of something else.

Comment

• He likes to be alone a lot. He will push me away.

Comment

• It sounds as if he needs intensive therapy and medications to control his schizophrenic or bi-polar disorder. You may want to try to encourage him to get the medical help he needs prior to trying to work on your relationship with him. As a schizophrenic he'll have very little impulse control and really is not responsible for his thoughts and actions. He needs help first and foremost before you can ever hope to have a fulfilling relationship.
          That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• If everything you can do to attempt to "change" this, results in him pushing you away, then you don't have anything to work with. Regardless of what he's doing through inside, he owes you some sort of explanation, some sort of something. If he's unwilling to talk about it, to seek counseling, to do SOMETHING......then he's basically telling you how much you and your marriage together mean to him, and that's not much.
            "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X