Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arguementive husband

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Arguementive husband

My husband was just arguing, yelling, disrespecting, and getting all mad at me because when he got a bowl out of the cabinet to make some canned chili he thought it wasn't very clean and not up to his expectations so he argued, yelled, and everything else. He also didn't like the fact I had washed it by hand in the sink. He says I HAVE to use the dish washer EVERY time the dishes need to be washed !!! I think he has temper problems. It seems like he gets mad a lot whenever I haven't really done anything wrong. He got mad at for me for talking to a black guy because he is very very racist. He got mad at me for not using the dish washer and tons of other stuff. He is belittling to me.

• There is no reason or excuse for ANYONE to talk to you that way and treat you that way. It sounds to me like he's a two year old throwing a temper tantrum. How long have you two been together? Is this how it has been through your entire relationship or did it just start happening long after you had gotten together? It sounds to me like he needs to find a counselor and make an appointment to have someone help him figure out where such anger comes from and ways that he can recognize his behavior and things he can do to keep his temper/anger under control. Has he ever gotten violent with you? The way he is treating you and the anger issues he seems to have I wouldn't be surprised if you told me he has gotten physical.... and if he hasn't yet.... unless he gets his anger under control it won't be long until he does.

Comment

• tmy..

For the members, please view her previous threads.

I know this is getting the point to enough but when is it going to be enough.

He won't get any help for his illness so you are in a no win situation.
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Tmy, sorry you are having a difficult time with your husband. Do you ever stand up for yourself when he starts screaming at you?

Comment

• Sorry I keep on posting similer or the same things. The reason why I do that is because I am venting and looking for friends to turn to. Without you guys I don't really have anyone else to talk to. Anyways, yes I do try to defend myself. I will explain to him that I haven't done anything wrong and that all I did was talk to the black guy on a few occasions and stuff like that. He does hit me. The last time he hit was about a week or two ago. I had gotten upset at him for spending almost half of the money we had on a computer program at Office Depot so we ended up arguing about it and he had thought I was acting like a child so he was slapping me on the hands. He was also calling me a the "n" word and "b" word. We've been married for eight and half years. Things weren't really like this in the past. I can't really recall when it changed. All I know is that its been this way for a quite a while now.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X