Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you love your husband more or kids more

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do you love your husband more or kids more

I know ,stupid question . Just curious to know .Lol
    And hi to all.
    Husband
    25.00%
    Kids
    37.50%
    Equally but differently
    37.50%

• Hi Jess.

That is a strange question in-deed... I would have to say how do you answer that...

One would hope it's equal. But, then again, love in its form can be in so many different ways. Most parent would cut their right arm of for their child to save them. I am sure they would do the same for their significant other half.

But, if to save their child they had to move overseas and the husband in this instance, didn't want to go? I think a Mother would move overseas and leave her husband, all be it, in tears.

So, I wonder there whether love for a child will always be more

Be interested to see how "Mothers" out there think on that note.

Tricky.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I do not have a husband or children, so take what I say for what it's worth. I have heard though, that it is healthy to put your husband and relationship first because children really benefit from having parents who love each other and consider each others needs to be main priority. On top of that, your children will eventually leave you and it is your partner who will be all that is left to be with every day and to share life with. Maybe I won't agree with this if I ever get married and have kids. It is just what someone I know (who is a great mother and wonderful wife) told me. Obviously there are extenuating circumstances. For example, if a crazy man came and attacked your family, children should be protected first, IMO, because they are the most vulnerable.

Comment

• Personally I would think it strange if a woman loved her husband more than her children. The children are blood (except for adopted children), the husband is not. And the children should be loved equally. That is not to say she shouldn't love her husband, she should love her husband very much for a good marriage. Of course the husband should love her very much, also, but his greatest love should be for those children.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Do you know that's a point there on its own JNS.

A lot of people, well I hope all. When they adopt, treat their child as their own, blood and honestly feel that as well.

I think the only difference in that love is time.
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I don't have children, but there is no way that I would love anybody on this planet more than I love my wife. She is my family as much as any blood-relative. Not even a child would come before her.

I think that Cheerios (or her friend) has it exactly right. Children's concerns may come first when they're dependant, but that's generally temporary.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• I’m a guy but nobody comes before your kids, nobody. I wouldn’t expect any woman to love me more than her kids and vice versa.

Comment

• I love my kids more. I love my husband, don't get me wrong, and would do just about anything for him, but I would put them ahead of him any day if I had to.

The thing about the word "love" is that it can be very vague, or just refer to a feeling or emotion. When I say "love" I don't mean just feelings, but caring for a person, sacrificing for them, giving of your time and resources for them etc.

If I was basing this just on the "feeling" of love or affection for someone, I might actually say my husband because I do have a closer bond with him and closer attachment. My kids will never know my deepest secrets and I don't confide in them when I have problems, I go to my husband.

But if I had to go into a burning building or something and could only save either my husband or my kids, there would be no question about it-- I'd save my kids. Yet at the same time, when they are acting really naughty and fighting all day, I do day dream about the day they all leave home and I can be alone with my husband!

Comment

• I love our kids more. This was actually a conversation we had while we were dating and it's turned out the way we thought it would. We're on the same page with this and both know we love our kids more than we love each other. It's definitely a different kind of love.. but man those roots go DEEP.

Comment

• I would love my children most,but still there are many forms of love you can give.as a mom, I had my life to give for no one can compare how risky to get pregnant and gave birth.
                    to be fair with your other half, love him also like your eldest son.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Squirting or Peeing? Confused with Colour

A friend of mine recently lost her virginity and while she had her first sex she doesn't know anything about it. She enjoyed it but she didn't know whether...

05-28-2020, 10:59 PM By Dawood Naseer
                    • Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
                    • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
                    • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
                      he's at higher risk
                      his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
                    Working...
                    X