• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dependence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

husband says he'll never retire but I think he overestimates costs of raising child

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
      my mistake, should have called him salesman!

they get you to trust them (seems to be nice neighbor)
      then he gets several neighbors to hand over money, then next thing you know he moves away and builds a huge house on lots of land

to a whole new set of neighbors who have a LOT more money to give him
      That is the problem with many financial advisors (salesmen or saleswomen), they want to make money on your money whether or whether not you make money on your money. Kind of like an insurance company. If my retirement money wasn't tied up in mutual funds per the requirements of the law, I would have invested in Berkshire Hathaway to have a multi-billionaire work for me. How to do it, buy B class shares until there is enough to buy A class shares.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

A "financial guy"? Did you check his credentials before you handed him money? Did you check reviews of his past work?

Can you move the money into a more productive account?

Comment

Working...
        X