• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sex drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sex drive

found a "my sex drive is too high" thread of 28 pages
    too bad many members left when the site changed
    there seems to be some long, interesting threads from years ago

speaking of sex drive, decided to see if husband would initiate when he was off work for a week.......nada
    so yesterday I sorta complained and he gave our child as an excuse

but we've found ways to be creative but he is still saying he's afraid we'll get caught

guess he was probably tired too as we did a bunch of long day trips with child so he probably just didn't think of sex

Comment

Yes we had interesting discussions, some generated great and wonderful insights into the human mind, other's were contentious and only posted to raise the ire of other posters. Some, we even had to wonder about the validity of the topic. Some we gave the benefit of the doubt and other's we just called BS on. There is no sense is resurrecting the "if only the site hadn't changed", or the " where did all those wonderful posters go". We've moved on, we have new wonderful posters, new ideas in many cases more mature responses and posts.

Re: your other issue - some people like to live on the edge other's don't. At one time I was very adventurous but probably wouldn't be today. Get into role playing if your are seeking some spontaneity it can be safely done and last an entire day - at least until the child is sound asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Claret View Post
        Get into role playing if your are seeking some spontaneity it can be safely done and last an entire day - at least until the child is sound asleep.
        have developed our way of talking so child doesn't have a clue

he is right though that we do not want to get caught
        yeah and I hate that he's right
        Last edited by amy40; 08-12-2017, 06:51 PM. Reason: too wordy

Comment

Is it really so bad for kids to know that their parents are affectionate with each other, even to see some displays of affection?

My parents were divorced when I was young and I don't have kids, so I don't know how things work. And I'm not saying you get busy right in front of them, but I don't see why it needs to be a big secret that mommy and daddy have sex.
          "Those sowing seed with tears
          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
            Is it really so bad for kids to know that their parents are affectionate with each other, even to see some displays of affection?
            agree, think that is good and we do hug and kiss in front of child

husband doesn't want to be accidently walked in on and he is so afraid kid will wake

Comment

I had friends that caught their parents having sex growing up. They were grossed out about it, but also seemed to like the fact that their parents were coming together.

One of my cousins was recently talking about his parents and how he and his sister knew they were having sex all the time and how embarrassing it was - especially when they had company. But his parents are still together after over 40 decades and he has a deep respect for that. He and his siblings are all very close with their parents. They weren't scarred. In fact, he was lamenting not having with his wife what his parents had.

It's good for parents to keep their business to themselves to some extent, but it's not good for anybody if a couple isn't bonding. Kids can learn how to knock and respect privacy. That's my opinion.
              "Those sowing seed with tears
              Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post

My parents were divorced when I was young and I don't have kids, so I don't know how things work. And I'm not saying you get busy right in front of them, but I don't see why it needs to be a big secret that mommy and daddy have sex.
                Stillness, I'm from a family that open expressed love and affection towards each other. It was not unheard of for myself or my sister to come home from being out and finding our parents laying on the couch, snuggling and kissing. We never caught them in the act and I doubt that they would have taken those types of chances. We did know that their bedroom was off limits, to knock and wait for them to invite us in if the door was closed. We received the same consideration.

I suppose at the age of 14 I knew what was going on, but certainly any younger than 10 or so I'd be really leary of having them see too much.

Comment

Do you not have a lock on the door?

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                    Do you not have a lock on the door?
                    no lock until just recently

has heard us when we've only been talking and gets up to tell us to whisper

had the open door policy from day 1, where child could come in bedroom if got scared in middle of night
                    Last edited by amy40; 08-12-2017, 09:10 AM. Reason: open door

Comment

Originally posted by Claret View Post
                      any younger than 10 or so I'd be really leary of having them see too much.
                      agree Claret; our kid is under ten and also young (immature) for age

Comment

take a look
                        Last edited by jns; Today, 09:07 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

Working...
                        X