Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does my wife have a girlfriend?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Anxiety and depression can do harm in many ways. Sounds like she held herself together for a long time and it eventually overwhelmed her.

What are your discussions like, between the two of you?

Comment

• We talked all the time dinner movies that night left the kids with mom until this other person came into the picture and now she just doesn’t seem to have time anymore

Comment

• We talked all the time dinner movies date night left the kids with mom until this other person came into the picture and now she just doesn’t seem to have time anymore

Comment

• And this woman that comes around to hang out with my wife is kind of a wacko .She talks to this therapeutic psychiatrist on the phone out someway that tells her how to touch yourself and rub her self and massage and this makes your headaches go away and makes her feel better and she’s trying to encourage my wife to see this man and it’s really beginning to get stressful for me when she does this

Comment

• I know it sounds stupid, but she’s talked several of her” friends”into calling this Greg because it get her discounts

Comment

• Well, keep in mind your wife is at a very weakened place mentally. She's grasping for help and may be prone to poor judgement and poor decisions.

Comment

• I think your only option is to really communicate with your wife. You won't know unless you're patient with her and let her come to you. Only she knows how she's feeling. Just be there and let her know she can always talk to you. Be an open book. You must've married her because you love her and deep down, she must love you. I don't know but I wouldn't rely on guess work. I would rely on what she says.

Comment

• So we had a big argument on Tuesday and it turns out that her friend had talked her into not taking her medication telling her she didn’t need it so after our disagreements she took it that night and this morning and I walked up behind her at the sink she turned around with a big smile on her face and said that she didn’t realize she had been this way and that it was the medication not being taken was causing this and she was going to not listen to her anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray7angel View Post
                    So we had a big argument on Tuesday and it turns out that her friend had talked her into not taking her medication telling her she didn’t need it so after our disagreements she took it that night and this morning and I walked up behind her at the sink she turned around with a big smile on her face and said that she didn’t realize she had been this way and that it was the medication not being taken was causing this and she was going to not listen to her anymore
                    I hope that things go back to normal.
                    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I don't know what meds she's taking and I don't know the time line in which this happened, but many of those meds don't work that quickly. They affect mood but not that quickly. And depending on med and dosing, she'd have experienced side effects or withdrawal if she stopped it.

Depends totally on the med, dosage and how long she was on that.
                      Most of those medications, are not such that you take the drug and have a change a few hours later. So, I am even more curious now.

Nevertheless, I am happy that she seems to making a turn around. I hope it's the beginning of a real difference for you both.

Comment

• I hope things have improved in your relationship. How is she now? I hope she's carried on taking her meds. Depression is awful, but is treatable. You just need to be kind & understanding as she battles through her depressive moods. You don't have to bear the brunt of what she's going through, but do just be gentle with her. Anyhow, you sound like a very understanding person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray7angel View Post
                          turns out that her friend had talked her into not taking her medication
                          think your assessment of her friend is correct

Comment

• Any updates Ray?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
                            • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
                            • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                              I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
                            • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
                            • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
                              Mistress Of All Evil
                              Poor Unfortunate Soul
                              The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            Working...
                            X