• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife totally annoys me a lot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife totally annoys me a lot

I’m lasering in on my issues with my wife. She’s good, she’s kind, she’s hotter than any other 50 year old woman I personally know.

But she annoys the hell out of me. Wound up all the time, especially in public, diarrhea of the mouth, acting stupid, silly. Some of that stuff used to be cute. Now it’s just annoying after 29 years. Like “could you shut the ********** up now and again?”

I just shut down and don’t talk because I’m highly annoyed and ****ed.

I guess I love someone that I don’t really like a lot of the time. Maybe I’m around her too much. I am self employed and work from home. Maybe I need to get lost for a while and rent an office.

Originally posted by TXguy View Post
    I’m lasering in on my issues with my wife. She’s good, she’s kind, she’s hotter than any other 50 year old woman I personally know.

But she annoys the hell out of me. Wound up all the time, especially in public, diarrhea of the mouth, acting stupid, silly. Some of that stuff used to be cute. Now it’s just annoying after 29 years. Like “could you shut the ******************** up now and again?”

I just shut down and don’t talk because I’m highly annoyed and ********ed.

I guess I love someone that I don’t really like a lot of the time. Maybe I’m around her too much. I am self employed and work from home. Maybe I need to get lost for a while and rent an office.
    There is a reason a lot of guys turn their garages into their work space that is not to be invaded.

It sounds like your wife craves attention. Have you decreased how much attention you give her as the years have went by? That could be the reason she goes overboard. If that is the case, working away from home will only cause everything to be pent up and spill out when you get home.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by TXguy View Post
      Wound up all the time, especially in public, diarrhea of the mouth, acting stupid, silly.
      are you talking about me?

women have a need to talk so many words per day, way more than men

Comment

"Are you talkin' to me?"
        lol
        Or in this case, "Are you talkin' about my wife?" I totally think I could have stayed married to my first wife, at least until our two kids were grown, if we'd lived about 2 or 3 houses apart.
        Txguy, sounds like we're in the same boat, except in my case it's gone on long enough I can't even say I love her anymore, just that some times it's easier to tolerate being around her.

Comment

I can understand why you're annoyed, but your wife will always be that way. Why do you want to change her now? If you love her, then you have to accept who she is. I admit there is such a thing as manners and social grace BUT she is the way she is. I wouldn't try to change her, but when she does get annoying, be assertive and calm with her. Avoid swearing/shouting/aggression. Be calm when you're talking to her. And if you still can't get along, then maybe you have a lot of questions to ask about your relationship and whether or not you are happy in it.

Comment

Working...
          X