• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good substitute for chocolate bars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good substitute for chocolate bars?

My partner announced yesterday she's begun a weight-loss program. Fine. I've made clear on appropriate occasions that she's fine as she is and gets me hot at any weight, but trim and fit is always nice. I listened, nodded, asked if she wanted anything of me, gave sincere best wishes, and let the conversation move on. She dropped a little more info today. She's not one to take on, far less announce, such a project without putting a lot of thought in before. So this is a going thing.

My problem: we have always given each other fancy chocolate bars, just a little something just 'cause. That seems not appropriate now.

She's mid-forties. We live in a small house and need no more possessions. What would such a woman who probably no longer wants candy bars want as a now and then token gift?

Give all your love now. For all we know we might be dead by tomorrow.

What are some non-food things she likes?

Does she drink coffee? If so, how about some special gourmet coffees! Or hot tea? Some interesting new flavors of tea!

Does she like flowers?

Does she like books?
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

There are a lot of bars that are healthier - some that are raw and have no/minimal added sugar or those that have higher cacao percentages. Larabars come to mind, but there are plenty of others. I’m sure that if you did some investigation, you could find some fancy bars that suit her new lifestyle.

My wife frequently has various healthy bars. I’m not a huge fan of candy, but some of them are tasty and fall in line with the food I make for myself, which is whole food, plant-based. They’re not junky tasting and don’t leave me feeling bad.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Chocolate protein?
        Dark chocolate has less sugar than milk chocolate, that might be of interest to you. You can always fit it into your diet.

Comment

Thanks Beautiful. She has her coffee she likes but I can find something to interest her. Flowers: zero interest. Books: library. She is the most practical, unromantic woman imaginable these days. Maybe she always was. Coffee. Good idea. I'll dig for that.

Give all your love now. For all we know we might be dead by tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck with her weight loss! It is a journey a lot of people go on. I am myself. I have cut out many foods. Such as sweets, biscuits, ice cream. I still eat the odd bag of crisps but don't eat takeaways or fry ups. Anyhow, I hope it all goes well for her. I'm afraid I don't have any advice, though.

Comment

Working...
            X